Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,892

2 members and 2,890 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

View Poll Results: Seller/Buyer has the right to........

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buyer should return the female and get the male that he originally paid for with no cost to him

9 31.03%
  • Seller is SOL and should have made sure somehow before shipping

14 48.28%
  • Buyer has the choice to keep the female or give her back and pay nothing or pay the difference

6 20.69%
  • Other Please explain

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Need everyones input!!

Quote Originally Posted by gknight View Post
    Do what you want to do, but the law is on your side if you have documentation proving that he intended to purchase one animal and got the incorrect one.
    As I said before, this was my mistake and I am standing behind my customer satisfaction and biting the bullet so to speak. If he is happy with her then thats all I care about. My reputation and customer satisfaction mean more to me than making a big deal or taking someone to court or filing charges over what to begin with was in no way the customers fault! And deff not worth the bad name it may give me or him for what a few hundred dollar snake difference? Well as stated above as long as he is happy with what he got then thats all that counts. All I care about now is not letting this type of mix up ever happen again and learning from this experience and moving on.

Registered User Envied Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

+1....

This is in reference to Wilomns post
    --- enviedreptiles.com ---

Thanks

As it relates to one's previous post about my "advice", no, it's clearly not illegal. I clearly stated that I was a law student, not a lawyer. I also did not charge him for any such "advice". However, I did let him know that the rudimentary laws regarding such a transaction seem to favor him in this particular instance. I asked if there were any contracts or agreements that were given or written. Maybe you missed that part. It seems like you missed quite a bit in the posts. So, if you'd like to help in the situation or can show s statute that would dispute anything I've claimed, please do so. I'd love to see it and actually read the statute. However, I'm not sure that you've ever seen a set of codes much less read one. Try and actually give the OPer some info that he can find helpful instead of just trying to be a ****head.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gknight For This Useful Post:

BAD Morphs (10-05-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

As it relates to one's previous post about my "advice", no, it's clearly not illegal. I clearly stated that I was a law student, not a lawyer. I also did not charge him for any such "advice". However, I did let him know that the rudimentary laws regarding such a transaction seem to favor him in this particular instance. I asked if there were any contracts or agreements that were given or written. Maybe you missed that part. It seems like you missed quite a bit in the posts. So, if you'd like to help in the situation or can show s statute that would dispute anything I've claimed, please do so. I'd love to see it and actually read the statute. However, I'm not sure that you've ever seen a set of codes much less read one. Try and actually give the OPer some info that he can find helpful instead of just trying to be a ****head.
    Having actually seen others go down this road and having actually participated in the attempt to right this error, more than once, I know from first hand experience that if the buyer doesn't want to do the right thing, nothing can be done about it legally.

If your skin is this thin you'll be quite fun to watch when you actually get into court.

Both times.

Best of luck, you'll need it.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

BAD Morphs (10-05-2009)

Thanks

You should read more. Or at least listen. When reading your posts I'm reminded of Lincoln's famous saying, "Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Please, do us all a favor and remember that in your future posts.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gknight For This Useful Post:

BAD Morphs (10-05-2009)

Thanks

Now, now, kids, lets all be civil.

I'm no fancy law man, but having spent some time in retail I know first hand that the customer ultimately holds the upper hand in any kind of disagreement. It really doesn't matter what the law says, because unless BLong wants to actually follow through with legal intervention (which will be neither quick nor painless, and would probably end up costing him more in time, legal fees, and stress than to buy a new snake) it's not even a factor.

BLong, I commend you for taking this as a learning experience and holding your customer's satisfaction above all else. You may have taken a loss on this for now, but when someone asks your customer where he got that sweet albino female, you better believe he'll be passing your name along. Either that or he's a big jerk. In any case, cudos to you sir.

And, while I told myself just to keep quiet, it's more fun not to. gknight, trying to use "I'm a ______ student" to back up a claim is so rediculous it's rediculous. I am also a student, and as such I know exactly how little students know. That's like if someone said "Hey, now you just hang on here, I read most of a book about something that relates to this topic once..."

You would probably be better served to have just given the advice, without trying to make yourself sound like you know what you're talking about. Either that, or, this being the internet and no one being the wiser, lie and say you were a tenured law prof. who specialized in sales contracts. In any case, allow me to make a suggestion for when you are a full fledged, accredited lawyer. Try to avoid calling people ****heads in open court. The jury will probably take your argument more seriously if you don't use insults from grade 3.

Just a suggestion.

-Dr. Nick
    PhD in Theoretical BioMolecular Astrophysics/ Dentistry
    MA in Rhetorical Suggestionometry
    Last edited by MustBeSatan; 10-04-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Eliminated an extra "a". Snuck in there even though I told it not to.
    0.4 Normal BP
    1.0 Pastel BP
    0.1 Spider BP
    0.1 California Kingsnake
    1.0 Sudan Plated Lizard
    1.1 Long-haired Chihuahua

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MustBeSatan For This Useful Post:

BAD Morphs (10-05-2009)

Thanks

And my suggestion to you Dr. Nick, would be to learn how to spell "ridiculous".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gknight For This Useful Post:

BAD Morphs (10-05-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I can feel the testosterone in this thread. Ugh. Evolve.

"They are NOT rights if they can be taken away. Merely limited privleges."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to spitfireashlea For This Useful Post:

BAD Morphs (10-05-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

And my suggestion to you Dr. Nick, would be to learn how to spell "ridiculous".
    Seriously?????

When reading your posts I'm reminded of Lincoln's famous saying, "Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Please, do us all a favor and remember that in your future posts.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

BAD Morphs (10-05-2009)

Thanks

BLong, I commend you for taking this as a learning experience and holding your customer's satisfaction above all else. You may have taken a loss on this for now, but when someone asks your customer where he got that sweet albino female, you better believe he'll be passing your name along. Either that or he's a big jerk. In any case, cudos to you sir.
    Thank you for the comment! I know I may be loosing out now but in the long run it may indeed help my soon to be up and running buisness thrive. I feel like such an a$$ for making a mistake like this but I made it and am dealing with it as best I can. As long as he is happy with her and my attempt to let him know of the mistake and my attempt to give him the oppurtunity to get the male that he paid for. Which he has told me via email that he is/was happy either way with what he got wether male or female. So to me thats all that mattered. I just wanted other ppl's takes on the situation and what they would do in this situation or what they felt was the "right thing" to do on my/his part.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast