Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,829

1 members and 2,828 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks

Multi unit cages

I would really LOVE to have you input on these cages....what are your thoughts??? Has anyone tried this dealer? etc ....etc....

http://www.boaphileplastics.com/mult..._packages.html

Any input would be really appreciated!! I have had it with the aquariums....(only 40 days into) but they are a bit unpredictable and a pain in the bootey to keep humid. I have already tried all the tricks and still no luck. Soooo....now I am looking into something else. I am thinking the multi unit cage $1500 as I intend fully on growing.

My hubby is going to kill me....lol.....but it use to be expensive shoes and bags...now it is snakes..... at least I can breed them later on..
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

Thanks

Re: Multi unit cages

a friend of mine has them. i like them. they hold humidity good and he has a snake room built off of his garage. they look great in person. i think they would be worth the money.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

if it just ball pythons, build a rack, way cheaper and your husband might not kill you lol.

1500 doesn't include heat or anything, could get more expensive quick.

Thanks

I have a boaphile rack and love it. Once you drop aquariums and go with professional caging youll never look at fishtanks the same lol. One of the happiest days off my life was when we dropped aquairums and went with stackable caging

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Both stackable cages and racks with tubs worth very well with ball pythons. Racks with tubs, IMO are perfect, and cheaper.

Boaphile makes a fine cage.

Other places to look if you don't build your own:

Animal Plastics
    Reptile Basics

and tons more.

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts

Depends on how many you plan to get, I have a boaphile cage for my bp and plan to add a couple more but my snakes are all pets and limited in number, I'm never going to have 20 snakes around and like the cages to look nice and easy to see into. Since they will be here for 20+ years they might as well be in style.

Tubs are great if you have quite a few snakes, easy to deal with, less space taken up, but not as attractive to the eye. Boaphiles turnaround is quite slow so keep that in mind. I wanted a black cage and the possibility of other colors down the line so I choose them, plus they are in the same state as me.

Thanks

You know you could get 11 BS in a smaller footprint by getting a cb70 rack...

Like these one...

http://www.animalplastics.com/Iris/cb70.htm
    Last edited by JenH; 10-01-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spelling...

Sahuarita, AZ...about 30 miles SW of Tucson
    Thanks

Well I do expect on continuing getting more snakes. I only have 2 at this point but we are looking at a male and female lesser as the next snakes. We do want to breed eventually...but they are first and foremost pets. We are not in it for the money...but if I can pay for my passion...woohooo

Ok...here is the question with the racks....do they really like it in there?? It just looks so small for them. I understand they like tight spaces...but....

I know this opens up a whole can of worms here....but is their quality of life good in the tubs??

Remember this is just a question....don't attack me over it....lol!!

Thanks guys!!! (and gals)
    Michelle
    Lets just say it has advanced to ....way too much to list

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BPelizabeth View Post
    Ok...here is the question with the racks....do they really like it in there?? It just looks so small for them. I understand they like tight spaces...but....

I know this opens up a whole can of worms here....but is their quality of life good in the tubs??
    Well that's really a subjective question. What defines quality of life for a ball python? They eat, live, breed, and thrive in racks just fine. So by those measurements they have a good quality of life.

I think people often project things that we define as being a quality life when it doesn't really apply to ball pythons, and other animals in general.

I like racks for their convenience and the fact that the animals do well. I know others who would prefer a multi unit like yours as they want to have nice elaborate set ups with logs/vines/etc.

So its really a personal decision. If you meet the snakes basice needs, then a rack is just fine, and your snakes will be more than happy in it.

Thanks

I swapped from custom cages ( made my out of plywood ) that were more less 2x2x2 cages they were ok but they seem healthier and happier inhe tubs now ( plus I got 21 snakes in the palce of what 5 would of taken in the cages.)

I made my own racks ( and I done have the greatest carpenter skills ) but between the 2 racks I ot build I can fit the entire collection on one wall in eh room and still have some extra room. The othe wall does house the 2 large custom cages I had built for my snakes ealry on ( stil they still good why trash them) but they only hold he boa (when she in it ) and my oldest rat and corn snake ( both could live in a tub just as happy.)
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast