Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,342

3 members and 3,339 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help

Thanks

Unhappy I need help

OK so i recently bought my 100% percent het for albino normal male bp and iv had him for like a week the guy told me to feed him rite away so i fed him a pinky he ate it with no problem to day i fed him another pinky he ate no problem but while i was putting the pinky in his cage i teased him with it because it was dead the breeder told he only ate live but i got him eating frozen he made a noise i never heard before till today
    and clear not white clear stuff came out of his nose hes AL so in his cool side a lot more usually hes at his hot side a cool side is 84-86 hot spot/side is 90-95 with under tank heater what am i doing wrong is respiratory or stress also changed is cage from a 15 gallon to a 30?and from towel paper to Eco earth. i think he is just stressed or maybe dehydrated. but hes really active at night he climb's trees in his cage and basks. i think the humidity is way to high its at 90 in less am reading the thing wrong bottom number is 60 top number is 90
    i live in NY in queens i cant take him to a vet because they will contact ASPCA and they will take him from me and give me a find there illegal in NY five boroughs.

Thanks

Re: I need help

Well...obviously the first point is, you shouldn't keep a snake you cannot adequately take care of. And if you can't get it treatment when its sick, I think that falls under that category. Sorry...just my opinion.

Secondly, stuff from the nose isn't good. Not at all. He needs to see a vet, the sooner the better. Respiratory infections can go from easy to fix to beyond hope in a matter 24-48 hours. Has he made the noise again? What kind of noise was it, was it whistley or more of a raspy/gargle sound?

90% humidity is too high, pinkys are way too small. How big is the snake? Even a hatchling can take more than a pinky. I hope you're at least saying pinky rats and not pinky mice.

A pic of your snake and setup would help a lot here. Your temps sound ok.
    -Eric-

Thanks

Sounds like a RI. You do need to take him to the vet. Excuse me for saying so but shame on you for having a pet in a place where it's illegal. With all the legislation to ban exotics and BPs you should know better. Do right by your snake, get him to a vet and move him to a place where he's allowed to be.

Thanks

Yeah you dont want NY giving you a FIND!!!

LOL

So you know its illegal. But you have it. You joined this site reading the TOS, that states talk about illegal acitivties yadda yadda yadda.

Your snake is sick, give him to someone who can care for it.

Thanks

Did you properly thaw out the frozen mouse?
    Why are you feeding pinkies, that sounds WAY too small even as pinky rats.

If it's an RI it will die without proper medication, so you have to either take it out of NY and take it to a vet or give it up to the ASPCA.

List us your husbandry details or take a picture of your enclosure.

Thanks

there rat pups but i call them pinkys. no he hasn't made it and no more clear stuff how do i drop the humidity i only have a water bowl in the cage. i honestly think hes stressed out with is home i was like a sneeze like when a bull opens his nostrils and makes that noise like a rush of air leaving the nostrils .but id rather be on the safe side if u want pics i can take some to night i think its the Eco earth should i switch back to paper towels. he also has like a lil bit of loose skin towards his tail.

Thanks

if he had R>I i doubt he would of ate could i use ReptAid to cure r.i

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thekid93 View Post
    there rat pups but i call them pinkys. no he hasn't made it and no more clear stuff how do i drop the humidity i only have a water bowl in the cage. i honestly think hes stressed out with is home i was like a sneeze like when a bull opens his nostrils and makes that noise like a rush of air leaving the nostrils .but id rather be on the safe side if u want pics i can take some to night i think its the Eco earth should i switch back to paper towels. he also has like a lil bit of loose skin towards his tail.
    That sound could have been the snake trying to push mucus out of the way so it can breathe. Its only going to get worse. Get him to a vet, or get him to someone who can get him to a vet. Don't wait until tomorrow. Today.

Seriously...
    -Eric-

Thanks

aw crap why do people say ball pythons are the best starter snakes b.s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thekid93 View Post
    if he had R>I i doubt he would of ate could i use ReptAid to cure r.i
    No, it does not. You need direct baytril injections from a vet.

Snakes will still eat on an RI, that is a myth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast