Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,043

1 members and 2,042 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

HSUS is the enemy of all pet keepers

HSUS is the Enemy!
    The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is the Enemy of the Reptile Nation! They prey on the uneducated. They use their money to gain favor in Washington, DC. They pluck at the heartstrings of the animal loving American public. Their message is misleading. They count on their name creating confusion and implying that they have something to do with local Humane Societies. They do not take care of puppies and kittens. They have nothing to do with your local Humane Society. They are the most powerful Animal Rights (AR) group on the planet. Their agenda is to end ALL animal ownership and use. They oppose hunting, fishing, livestock farming, bio-medical research and pets... including traditional pets. They raise money by targeting students and senior citizens with photographs of abused animals and implying that the money they raise goes to the care of these animals. HSUS DOES NOT TAKE CARE OF ANIMALS! 90% of the funds they raise go toward salaries, administration and lobbying for the AR agenda of ending ALL animal ownership and use. HSUS is extremely well funded and is dedicated to destroying the Reptile Nation. They hope to use the current interest in invasive species and the Burmese Python as a tool to destroy our community. They do not operate using facts or science. They are spreading misinformation, wild exaggerations and emotionally charged rhetoric in an effort to use current legislative proposals to end the trade in reptiles. Do not let them succeed. Help USARK to expose them for what they are... AR EXTREMISTS! HSUS is the Mortal Enemy of the Reptile Nation!

Thanks

Re: HSUS is the enemy of all pet keepers

Cool story bro.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think that's what they call 'Preaching to the Choir'
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

I hear ya reverend .... but the heathen is that a way ----->

Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

Seneschal (08-14-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    I hear ya reverend .... but the heathen is that a way ----->

LOL! So true.
    Ball Pythons
    1.0 Normal "Draccy"
    0.2 Normal "Matika", "Lara Croft"
    1.0 Lesser Cinny "Thor"

Thanks

and this is a canadian telling us this!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakemastercanada View Post
    HSUS is the Enemy!
    The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is the Enemy of the Reptile Nation! They prey on the uneducated. They use their money to gain favor in Washington, DC. They pluck at the heartstrings of the animal loving American public. Their message is misleading. They count on their name creating confusion and implying that they have something to do with local Humane Societies. They do not take care of puppies and kittens. They have nothing to do with your local Humane Society. They are the most powerful Animal Rights (AR) group on the planet. Their agenda is to end ALL animal ownership and use. They oppose hunting, fishing, livestock farming, bio-medical research and pets... including traditional pets. They raise money by targeting students and senior citizens with photographs of abused animals and implying that the money they raise goes to the care of these animals. HSUS DOES NOT TAKE CARE OF ANIMALS! 90% of the funds they raise go toward salaries, administration and lobbying for the AR agenda of ending ALL animal ownership and use. HSUS is extremely well funded and is dedicated to destroying the Reptile Nation. They hope to use the current interest in invasive species and the Burmese Python as a tool to destroy our community. They do not operate using facts or science. They are spreading misinformation, wild exaggerations and emotionally charged rhetoric in an effort to use current legislative proposals to end the trade in reptiles. Do not let them succeed. Help USARK to expose them for what they are... AR EXTREMISTS! HSUS is the Mortal Enemy of the Reptile Nation!
    A little Googling will also uncover a whole list of celebrities who not only support HSUS, but who fund raise and serve as useful idiots for them.

Any celeb who supports HSUS is not supported by my family and I. If every pet owner boycotted these jackasses.............

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redpython View Post
    and this is a canadian telling us this!
    And this is the complete text of the USARK e-mail:

HSUS is the Enemy!

Click here to donate $10 with dollar for dollar matching from Zoo Med

http://usark.org/donate.php

Click here to Join The Reptile Nation with dollar for dollar matching from Zoo Med

http://www.usark.org/join.php

HSUS is the Number 1 Enemy of the Reptile Nation. They are DANGEROUS EXTREMISTS that will stop at nothing to destroy us. The Following is HSUS Propaganda:

http://www.hsus.org/web-files/PDF/wi...ons_081009.pdf

http://www.hsus.org/press_and_public...rs_081009.html

The HSUS Calls for Comprehensive State and Federal Action on Large Constrictor Snakes

August 10, 2009

Today, The Humane Society of the United States, the nation's largest animal protection organization, applauded the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission for considering a prohibition on possession and sales of all reptiles of concern as pets. This regulatory action would complement pending federal legislation, also supported by The HSUS, to prohibit importation and interstate trade in certain constrictor snakes for the pet trade.

In a letter to the FWC, The HSUS highlighted the recent tragic death of a Florida toddler and proliferation of Burmese pythons in the Everglades as reasons to take swift action to stop the influx of large constrictor snakes, prevent the spread of Burmese pythons and prevent the introduction of other species. The HSUS also urged the FWC to take a proactive and comprehensive approach and not just focus on a limited number of species, so that the problem is not simply shifted to other dangerous reptiles, such as anacondas. Once they become established, removing invasive species is expensive and sometimes impossible.

"We urge the FWC to look to take broader, proactive measures this year to stop the importation into the state, breeding, sale and acquisition of all reptiles of concern, including all anacondas, before another child is injured or killed, and another invasive species becomes established in the wild," wrote Jennifer Hobgood, Florida state director for The HSUS. "If we do not address these problems now, we will have failed just as policy makers failed in not banning the trade in Burmese pythons a decade or two decades ago."

States generally regulate which animals can be possessed and sold within their borders, while the federal government oversees international and interstate trade, making both state and federal action necessary. The HSUS supports legislation introduced in the U.S. Senate (S. 373) by Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., and in the U.S. House of Representatives (H.R. 2811) by Rep. Kendrick Meek, D-Fla., to prohibit importation and interstate commerce in certain constrictor snakes. In addition, The HSUS supports legislation expected to be introduced in the Florida legislature to ban the import, sales and acquisitions of all reptiles of concern.

The HSUS emphasizes that these measures must address all large constrictor snakes. If restrictions are placed only on a few species, the trade will shift to other species. This trend is already evident. The number of Burmese pythons imported into the United States dropped from about 14,000 in 2002 to 1,500 in 2006. The trade moved to captive bred animals and imports of other species. Imports of reticulated pythons increased from about 5,000 to 13,000 and anacondas increased from about 1,200 to 11,000 over this period.

Facts

•Florida lists Burmese/Indian pythons, African rock pythons, amethystine pythons, reticulated pythons, green anacondas and Nile monitor lizards as "reptiles of concern," which currently require a permit and microchip to keep as pets.
    •Including all reptiles of concern is essential, and any action should include all anacondas, not just green anacondas, which are currently the only anaconda species listed as a reptile of concern. Yellow anacondas can also grow beyond 10 feet long and threaten people and wildlife.
    •The U.S. House Judiciary Committee amended and approved H.R. 2811 on July 29. As introduced, the bill would have covered a range of python species. The committee amended the bill to cover only the subspecies Burmese pythons and species African rock pythons. The bill now moves to the full House for consideration.
    •A hunt for Burmese pythons in Florida is unlikely to make a dent in the problem because of the snakes' remarkable reproductive capacity and ability to blend into the environment.
    -30-

Follow The HSUS on Twitter.
    The Humane Society of the United States is the nation's largest animal protection organization — backed by 11 million Americans, or one of every 28. For more than a half-century, The HSUS has been fighting for the protection of all animals through advocacy, education, and hands-on programs. Celebrating animals and confronting cruelty — On the web at humanesociety.org.

Thanks

I knew my worlds would collide one day....

First off, I do understand where you are coming from. HSUS has a lot of power and backing and are not looking very nicely upon Reptile Nation.
    BUT, please don't be ignorant.
    To say HSUS, "do not take care of puppies and kittens. They have nothing to do with your local Humane Society," is wrong.
    When I worked at the local animal shelter we were supported by HSUS. When Katrina and Rita happened we took in HUNDREDS of animals from the south and cared for them, re-connected them with their owners, and adopted out the ones that we couldn't find the owners to.
    HSUS organized the animals coming to, not only us, but MANY other shelters. They funded all flights and funded care as well.
    HSUS while perhaps is doing some things that not everyone agrees with, so are a lot of organizations.
    No one can deny that there is a large python issue in Florida. And HSUS may be standing up to help that.
    No, a lot of reptile organization and rescues do not receive anything from HSUS, but that's because reptiles are not in the same situation with population as dogs and cats, YET. At this point this is HSUS's main focus.
    Perhaps HSUS is getting incorrect information as well.
    MAYBE Reptile Nation should focus on trying to (and, yes, it will be hard) education HSUS and band WITH them for all animals great and small. If we could be under HSUS's wing think of the places we could go....

I am not a fighter, I do not want to get involved in a HUGE debate, but I wanted to share another side of the coin with you....
    "I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful." ~Marilyn Monroe

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corvid View Post
    I knew my worlds would collide one day....

First off, I do understand where you are coming from. HSUS has a lot of power and backing and are not looking very nicely upon Reptile Nation.
    BUT, please don't be ignorant.
    To say HSUS, "do not take care of puppies and kittens. They have nothing to do with your local Humane Society," is wrong.
    When I worked at the local animal shelter we were supported by HSUS. When Katrina and Rita happened we took in HUNDREDS of animals from the south and cared for them, re-connected them with their owners, and adopted out the ones that we couldn't find the owners to.
    HSUS organized the animals coming to, not only us, but MANY other shelters. They funded all flights and funded care as well.
    HSUS while perhaps is doing some things that not everyone agrees with, so are a lot of organizations.
    No one can deny that there is a large python issue in Florida. And HSUS may be standing up to help that.
    No, a lot of reptile organization and rescues do not receive anything from HSUS, but that's because reptiles are not in the same situation with population as dogs and cats, YET. At this point this is HSUS's main focus.
    Perhaps HSUS is getting incorrect information as well.
    MAYBE Reptile Nation should focus on trying to (and, yes, it will be hard) education HSUS and band WITH them for all animals great and small. If we could be under HSUS's wing think of the places we could go....

I am not a fighter, I do not want to get involved in a HUGE debate, but I wanted to share another side of the coin with you....
    There are two ways political entities look really good.

One is kissing cute little babies. Yech, germ factories everyone of them.

The second is saving cute little puppies and kitties from big bad mother nature.

Of course, while people are watching your left hand pet them and stroke them and make them all warm and happy, they don't see your right hand strangling them and tossing the carcasses aside.

hsus is NOT friendly to anyone keeping any animal. They, as with peta, want all pets of all sorts outlawed. Dig deep enough and you'll find out it's true, they don't want you to have Fido or Nibbles or any other living creature.

Period.

It is said that beauty is only skin deep. It is said that most never look past the skin.

I'm a flesh and bones man myself, I like to see what something is made of before I condone it, not just have a pretty wrapper that makes me all gooshy inside as my guiding light.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

Brewster320 (08-15-2009),catawhat75 (08-14-2009),Hulihzack (09-11-2009),jglass38 (09-15-2009),MsPrada (09-12-2009),rabernet (08-14-2009),stormwulf133 (09-11-2009),The Vampire Osiris (08-15-2009),TheBallPython (08-15-2009),wolfy-hound (08-14-2009)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast