Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,032

0 members and 3,032 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Flexx Watt Help

Thanks

Question Flexx Watt Help

Ok I need help with some flexx watt issues I am having. Ok I am using a Helix DBS 1000. And have a rack holding 41qt tubs. I am using 1ft sections of 11" felxx. So the problem is I have 4 pieces of the flexx paralleled to one cord plugged into the helix. So I added 2 more shelves and have another cord plugged into the helix with 2 more pieces of 11" paralleled to this cord. Now the problem seems to be that the first 4 pieces are getting to the right temps and the first on the 2nd cord is getting warm but off a few degrees and the other piece is signifacantly lower than them all. I have the helix set at 92 with the probe directly on the first of the 4 pieces. Those 4 pieces get about 91-91.5. The pieces on the next cord the first only gets to about 88.5 and the last one only gets to 85.5. What am I doing wrong or need to fix to make all of them around the same temps give or take a degree or two?? I am sure the probe on the first piece of the four isn't letting the 2 on the other cord heat up all the way but shouldn't it all be about the same since I am using the same size flexx??????

Thanks

Re: Flexx Watt Help

I think I can help. The probe is on the first 4 sections then you added 2 more. Your stat is shuting off when the first 4 is hot enuff but the last 2 were pluged in while the others were hot so your stat is shuting down with the first 4 and not alowing the last 2 to catch up. I would try turning the stat off for alittle bit ( an hour or 2 ) Then let all 6 sections of heat tape heat up together. I realy hope this makes sence. Lol.
    MIKE

This space for rent

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Constrictor View Post
    I think I can help. The probe is on the first 4 sections then you added 2 more. Your stat is shuting off when the first 4 is hot enuff but the last 2 were pluged in while the others were hot so your stat is shuting down with the first 4 and not alowing the last 2 to catch up. I would try turning the stat off for alittle bit ( an hour or 2 ) Then let all 6 sections of heat tape heat up together. I realy hope this makes sence. Lol.
    Yeah it makes sense to me but my tstat isn't an on/off it is a proportional does that matter? So just shut all them down for an hr or so then turn all 6 back on at once? Also I have some snakes in the first 4 and want to move 2 more into that rack so I can use that for all my breedable females so I can drop temps for them for breeding.

Thanks

I know its not an on/off stat but its ajusting its output level on the first 4 sections. Shuting it down for a few is what i would try.
    MIKE

This space for rent

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Constrictor View Post
    I know its not an on/off stat but its ajusting its output level on the first 4 sections. Shuting it down for a few is what i would try.
    Ok I will have to give that a whirl and see how it goes. Hopefully I can get them two pieces up to temp so I can move my other 2 females in there. Thanks for the help!

Thanks

your welcome. I just hope it works.
    MIKE

This space for rent