Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,415

3 members and 3,412 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: BAD GUY-Matt Oakley

Quote Originally Posted by DBD View Post
    Is bloodpython171 the :cens0r: matt, who shipped the snake in a BANANA BOX??!?!?!?!
    A little slow on the uptake? Yes...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jglass38 For This Useful Post:

2kdime (09-07-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38 View Post
    lol

Thanks

Yea just a little... Got back from dinner just now, and seemed to have missed something lol....

Thanks

I still see no reply about the shipping practices. Interesting how you skipped right past that.
    Yea, i too am very interested to here wat Matt has to say about his shipping...

Thanks

So you're telling me I sent you a CBB snake with some foreign type of bacteria which your vet could not identify and it's so advanced that no meds at all could treat it?? Isn't that convenient, i've NEVER heard of anything like that either...

I didn't skip it, I only read Trevor's initial post. I did ship incorrectly. I didn't just put it in the box as the pic shows though. My temps here were 94 inside when I shipped. I was honestly worried about the animal overheating in the box. Boas/balls can not tolerate extreme temps the way balls can.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodpython171 View Post
    So you're telling me I sent you a CBB snake with some foreign type of bacteria which your vet could not identify and it's so advanced that no meds at all could treat it?? Isn't that convenient, i've NEVER heard of anything like that either...

I didn't skip it, I only read Trevor's initial post. I did ship incorrectly. I didn't just put it in the box as the pic shows though. My temps here were 94 inside when I shipped. I was honestly worried about the animal overheating in the box. Boas/balls can not tolerate extreme temps the way balls can.
    wow that's your excuse for the way you shipped him ???????????? I would think you could come up with something better then that ? ? ? ?

Thanks

This makes no sense. Really...Nonsensical gibberish.

Thanks

I didn't skip it, I only read Trevor's initial post. I did ship incorrectly.I didn't just put it in the box as the pic shows though. My temps here were 94 inside when I shipped. I was honestly worried about the animal overheating in the box. Boas/balls can not tolerate extreme temps the way balls can.
    Hm... Very Professional huh? No Insulation, no snake bag, not even a proper SHIPPING BOX! I mean seriously.. The shipping supplies is the cheapest part... In fact, YOU dont even have to pay for it! You include packing materials cost in the Shipping Price Itself! SYR has an online site where you can order shipping supplies as well. And what do you mean by "I didn't just put it in the box as the pic shows though. My temps here were 94 inside when I shipped."?? What did you do differently? And Unless you had any control over the temps, dont give us that CRAP! If you were worried about the snake overheating, do you know what the Professional thing to do would've been? Obviously you dont.. But Me, the 14 year old KID will tell you! You buy what are called Cold Packs, and tape them to the insulation lid of the box! That simple! Why dont you start putting a little effort into what you do? Or BETTER YET, STOP doing what you are TRYING to do!

Thanks

No excuse at all, you asked and I told the truth as I have the whole time. It was 94 degrees inside and hotter outside, if the snake had been DOA from the extreme temps and Trevor would have wanted his money back eventhough I don't guarantee live arrival if you decide you still want the animal shipped and my/your temps are over 90 degrees and like I said, the snake wasn't out in the box with a little bit of paper like in the pic.

Thanks

This is from my gmail account. The conversations I have back and forth between Matt and myself. My words are in bold to help with reading. This is as far back as I could find.

bloodpython1@gmail.com to bloodpython160
    show details Aug 24

Hey man, this is Trevor. I got that big Red 03' female off of a ya a while back.

Hey I just wanted to let you know we ran a Culture and Sensitivity test on that girl after having ran her on Amikacin for 2 weeks. We followed suit with a month run of Amikacin and Fortaz combo and she finished that up a couple days ago.

She is right back at it with wheezing and blowing snot out of her nostrils.

I'm afraid there isn't much else I think that I can do for her, and I think I'm going to have to put her down.

She has something in her system that is FAR too powerful. The strongest of antibiotics, and an antibiotic from one of the newest generations of Cephalosporins isn't even touching it.

I wanted to check with you to see if there is anything we can do about this girl to sort of "make things right", as I'm going to have to let her go.

I was also wanting to let you know I will probably be putting this up on the BOI to let people know about this situation if we can't come to some resolution.

Let me know you think we can do about this girl, because I am at an end.

I hope to hear back from you ASAP about this.

Trevor Schilling
    bloodpython1@gmail.com

His reply:
    bloodpython160@aol.com to me
    show details Aug 24
    After saying all of this you haven't told me what's supposed to be wrong with her.

My response:

show details Aug 25

That's the question I want answered as well.

My best guess is that its something she picked up from all the mites she had.

Whatever it is, its something pretty nasty. I just can't afford something this bad putting the rest of my collection at risk.

Talk to you soon.

Trevor

My response to Matt:

show details Aug 25 (13 days ago)
    Hey Matt.

Just wondering if you thought of anything we can do about this girl.

Trevor

His response:

show details Aug 26 (13 days ago)

No, what do you suggest?

My response:

show details Aug 26 (13 days ago)
    I'm thinking whatever I paid for her minus shipping.

I'm going to have her put down today or tomorrow and will gladly send you pictures as proof.

Trevor

show details Aug 27 (12 days ago)
    Hey Matt.

I checked on her again last night and this morning.

She's done.

I'm gonna be taking her to the vet this afternoon when I get off work.

Have you decided what you want to do about her? I'd like to know today if possible. I'll be getting on the BOI tomorrow after work if I don't hear back from ya.
    Talk to ya soon

Trevor

His response:

show details Aug 28 (11 days ago)

I'm late to work and will get back to you when I get off

My response:

show details Aug 28 (11 days ago)

Thanks.

I'm going to give her a couple more days. I didn't make it into the vet last night, I got hung up at home.

I'm going to try and feed her tonight to see what happens. She has only ate once since she's been here, she's been on antibiotics the rest of the time.

Trevor

Email sent to Matt without waiting on his response:

show details Aug 28 (10 days ago)
    Allright Matt.

I got home and she ate, but she's not doing good. She will hiss and gurgle and blow crap out of her nostrils.

Were going to need to go ahead and figure out what to do about her.

I keep wanting to hold out on her in hopes she will pull through, but I think hope is over. Let's go ahead and settle this so we can be done with it.

I'm going to take her in on Monday.

Get back to me ASAP.

Trevor

His response:

I just got home. I really don't feel that she's in a position where she's going to die or needs to be euthanized if she's feeding on her own. I owned that snake for over a year and she's fed regularly and never seemed to have any problems. If you really feel she needs to be euthanized why try feeding her? When reptiles are seriously sick or stressed the do not feed.

My response:

Let me say this.

I know my snakes better than the back of my hand, and this girl has SOMETHING in her system.

If you believe she is still in good health, then buy her back. This girl can't stay around the morphs of Bloods that I have. Them getting sick would be FAR too expensive to replace.

I understand the opposition, but she came in sick and still isn't well enough to my satisfaction despite my best efforts.

Trevor

Trevor Schilling to bloodpython160
    show details Sep 6 (2 days ago)

So I thought I'd give her one more shot, since she did indeed eat the other week.

The vet decided to put her on Baytril at 10 mg/kg every 24 hours. That's the highest dose and the most often you can give it to reptiles. It's a different class of drug than we've been using so it was worth a shot.

She's still doing bad, so the Baytril isn't working either.

I guess I'm just trying to emphasize that I've done everything I can do for her, my vet as well.

I'm asking one more time if you want to refund the money for her before I go to the BOI.

Id like to hear back from you ASAP, preferably today.

Trevor

His response:

show details 9:36 AM (10 hours ago)

I will when I get off work

And this is where we are at

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast