Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,387

2 members and 3,385 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

The Great ASF escape!

Soooo Monday I weaned my first litter, put 3.3 into an 8 gallon tank. Tuesday night I noticed the bottle wasnt high enough off the ground for my little buddies to reach it without craning their necks. So I cut a hole in the screen big enough for the bottle...and thought nothing of it. I come home from work yesterday morning (Wednesday) and I find 3 of my ASFs running around in circles on top of their parents' tank. I keep the tanks side by side and on the floor and somehow these little buggers found a way to climb up a glass bottle ( I think they pulled a mission impossible and walked upside down on the screen) and then went running around the tank next to theirs. Fortunately they were too scared to jump off the tank and I have no real way as to knowing how long they were there...but it was funny to see to say the least. Trying to round 3 ASFs up proved difficult as they wanted to show me their new jumping and running skills. I managed to get two at once and paid for it, got bit maybe 10 times. Lucky theyre still little, no breaking of the skin.
    Vicious little bastards.
    ]

BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

Re: The Great ASF escape!

LOL! that is funny. I had a MAJOR breakout a wile ago... but can't find the thread that talks about it.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cavanaugh View Post
    LOL! that is funny. I had a MAJOR breakout a wile ago... but can't find the thread that talks about it.
    Oh I read it. I think I wouldnt be able to post about it because my wife would literally end my life. She flipped today when she saw what was happening but got her comic relief when I was being eatne alive by the evil hoppers.
    ]

Thanks

pav i had a funny story too like this when i was breeding rats and mice back in california. the ex and i were watching tv when i noticed a mouse zooming across the living room, i then looked at the ex and she said "u got to be $%^$#$% kidding me then i jumped up and tried to catch the mouce with no luck. i opened the mouse cage and saw that there were actually 3 gone and so i spent the next 2 weeks sleeping on the couch with the glue traps in my hand and 30 around the livingroom and kitchen. i did end up trapping them under the oven and surrounded them in glue traps till i caught them.
    "You can derelict my balls, capi-tan." -zoolander
    lots o ball pythons!
    www.holdfastreptiles.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irishanaconda View Post
    pav i had a funny story too like this when i was breeding rats and mice back in california. the ex and i were watching tv when i noticed a mouse zooming across the living room, i then looked at the ex and she said "u got to be $%^$#$% kidding me then i jumped up and tried to catch the mouce with no luck. i opened the mouse cage and saw that there were actually 3 gone and so i spent the next 2 weeks sleeping on the couch with the glue traps in my hand and 30 around the livingroom and kitchen. i did end up trapping them under the oven and surrounded them in glue traps till i caught them.
    Dude my BPs and ASFs all must go if I ever have an escape where they are running rampant throughout the house. My wife...would kill me.
    ]

Thanks

lol i went away with a girl friend of mine and left it up to my husband to feed the snake... he didn't close the lid and about 10 escaped

my jackrussell Rex had quite the "hay day" catching the little buggers. it only took him a half hour and all rats were accounted for. needles to say i no-longer leave the man to do a womans work