Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,459

0 members and 1,459 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Royal Morphz Maker Royal Morphz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: ARS Acrylic Show Display Cases.

Some people I know will take there animals out from the show It depends how lazy you are sunday morning to set them all up again lol
    Tim Johnson

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

Re: ARS Acrylic Show Display Cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki View Post
    Been doing the same myself several weekends a month for almost a year and it works out great for me and my animals.

I know several other professional breeders that transport their animals inside of displays to shows.

Hope this helps.

-adam
    HOLY POOP. IT'S ALIVE.

I will attest to the fact that Robin is correct. I do load my animals in my cases and transport them to shows (even long drives like Tinley (11.5 hours)). Sean has done this on occassion as well, but it is not always his norm. For Daytona, we brought Sean's cases to the show empty and filled them there.

With that siad, I have never had a problem doing it this way, except that sometimes they use the bathroom in there, and they need to be cleaned. The only other thing we have since started doing, is to tape up the bar that keeps the lids closed (the slide bar that is). Reason being, I did not do this one time, and the bar slid down, and a couple of the snakes in the top display were able to get out of the display. They were not able to get out of the carrying case, because mine does not have the big holes in them. So, I would in your case Mike (because I like the ARS dsiplys) lock the display before loading it in the case, and you shouldn't have any problems.

In regards to the security issue and leaving snakes at the show, we leave ours in the show overnight at the NARBC and NRBE show, because they do provide security. However, at the local shows, security is not always the best, and it is too easy to bring them home.

That is how we do it, but as Adam stated in his next post, each person needs to figure out wht best works for them. Hope that helps,
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

3. The Following User Says Thank You to muddoc For This Useful Post:

Mike Cavanaugh (09-03-2009)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123