Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,716

0 members and 2,716 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

olde english sheepdogs

does anyone have one?
    i am doing my research on the right breeder-- but i already have my handler ready and i am soooo excited to 1) have such an awesome pet and 2) show my first dog.
    i have two other dogs as well-- show - a teacup yorkshire terrier- 6 years old,
    and ruby-- a brussels griffon- 3 years old. they are both amazing little darlings.
    hope everyone had a great monday.
    jacqueline

Thanks

Re: olde english sheepdogs

Wow! To show your first dog and start with an old english sheepdog. You have my respect with all that grooming! I've never had one, but hear they are great dogs personality wise. Have fun showing. It can be a lot of fun!

Thanks

the grooming? dont i know it! ive wanted to show for a long time but didnt have the time or true desire. 6 years later-- im truly ready. i know owning and showing an oes will turn me into a straight up beautician- but honestly-- taking care of animals is my genuine passion. if i could do it all day every day-- although im pretty close lol-- i would.
    what kind of dogs do you have? i see you have a horse-- do you live on a ranch?
    jack

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

I have a OES. They are a ton of work,e ven when you're not looking to show. If you are going to show her, you'll want to get tips from other OES owner/handlers on the types of combs to use, and what type of shampoo to use, etc etc. You can't simply grab a brush and go to town without breaking coat, or dragging out hair you'll need to create the correct profile.

To add to that, OES are hard-headed and difficult dogs(in general). My OES is nothing like a typical oes, and I hope that you get a good one too. Generally they're crazy.

Good luck.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "