Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,151

1 members and 3,150 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

View Poll Results: What are your opinions of the Dog Whisperer?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have watched his show and totally agree with his methods

61 72.62%
  • I have watched his show and totally disagree with his methods

17 20.24%
  • I have never watched his show but have heard of him and agree with his methods

2 2.38%
  • I have never watched his show but have heard of him and disagree with his methods

2 2.38%
  • Who now???

2 2.38%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dog Whisperer

Thanks

Re: Dog Whisperer

Quote Originally Posted by qiksilver View Post
    I believe you're overreacting. Not to the show, but to what people on this forum are saying, this is a forum for DISCUSSION after all. I haven't seen him hang or beat a dog, and I have no idea what you're talking about. But you're dismissing everyone needlessly.

I would agree that all dominance all the time is inappropriate, but I don't think that's what I saw in the few episodes I've watched, he seems to take different approaches with different dogs. But I'm sure if I watched him torture a dog like you say you've seen I'd react similarly

Ok, that's all.
    Good call!

That type of training isnt always needed. Unfortunately his show deals with primarily those behaviors, so that is the training you see show after show. Every dog is different those techniques obviously wont work for every owner and every dog. But it just so happens to work for me.
    0.1 Spider
    1.0 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Lesser
    0.0.1 Alligator mississippiensis
    1.1 Dobermans

Thanks

I think the poll is a pretty good reflection on how most feel about the dog whisperer and his techniques.

Most people "appear" to agree with him, and some don't, which is fair enough, I think in most things in life you will always have some form of controversy about how it is done or perceived its human nature.

I don't like to be told I am brainwashed because I see something different from someone else either but I am not going to get drawn into an argument about an opinion which is basically what we all have here.

Lastly, regardless I do think it is good that the dog whisperer is drawing attention to dogs and their owners in general I think or hope that it does raise more awareness because a lot of dog owners have Zero control of their animals and we read and hear about some of the tragedies due to simple ignorance and neglect on the part of a dog owner.

I think there are far too many dog owners who should not be dog owners but unfortunately any fool idiot or sadistic person can own one I wish there were some compulsory requirements for owning dogs to make the dogs life easier 1st and foremost and educate some of the people that obviously require it.
    There is a moose loose aboot this hoose !

Thanks

Unfortunately you are correct. People that often times cant take care of themselves drag an innocent animal into their life.

A dogs behavior is generally a direct reflection of the effort or lack of effort used in raising it. A Pit will not just wander into the street and attack every thing it comes across. The "bad" dogs are a result from BAD owners.
    0.1 Spider
    1.0 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Lesser
    0.0.1 Alligator mississippiensis
    1.1 Dobermans

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rebel750 View Post
    Unfortunately you are correct. People that often times cant take care of themselves drag an innocent animal into their life.

A dogs behavior is generally a direct reflection of the effort or lack of effort used in raising it. A Pit will not just wander into the street and attack every thing it comes across. The "bad" dogs are a result from BAD owners.
    exactly that's it in a nutshell mate.
    There is a moose loose aboot this hoose !

Thanks

I agree with the majority of his methods...most of which are similar methods to what I originally learned when raising Leader Dogs for the Blind. I've owned dogs my entire life, and have never had a dog that I down right couldn't train.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345