Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,089

0 members and 3,089 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

ancientwingreptiles.com is live!

So... this is a long time coming. I've wanted to start up a hobby-business thing for a few years now, but in college I didn't really have the time or resources to do so. Now that i've graduated I have income and soon to be room.

I haven't been keeping reptiles for terribly long (3ish years) but I my goal with this is to hopefully put a little of the money spent back into my animals and produce some morphs that I can't really afford.

The website is pretty basic, I am terrible with websites.. I use iweb. It works for my other website as well. I understand the layout is very simple. I spent a long time coming up with names and logos that i liked and thought would work. The logo is the fossil archeopteryx who i still can't spell. Ancient wing works well as various logos and I will be trying a few out for business cards and such.

I'm enjoying working with the website and such so far, it will slowly grow to be a little more interesting looking. Let me know what you think.

http://www.ancientwingreptiles.com

Thanks

Re: ancientwingreptiles.com is live!

Very clean and easy to find what you're looking for. Works for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cinderbird View Post
    So... this is a long time coming. I've wanted to start up a hobby-business thing for a few years now, but in college I didn't really have the time or resources to do so. Now that i've graduated I have income and soon to be room.

I haven't been keeping reptiles for terribly long (3ish years) but I my goal with this is to hopefully put a little of the money spent back into my animals and produce some morphs that I can't really afford.

The website is pretty basic, I am terrible with websites.. I use iweb. It works for my other website as well. I understand the layout is very simple. I spent a long time coming up with names and logos that i liked and thought would work. The logo is the fossil archeopteryx who i still can't spell. Ancient wing works well as various logos and I will be trying a few out for business cards and such.

I'm enjoying working with the website and such so far, it will slowly grow to be a little more interesting looking. Let me know what you think.

http://www.ancientwingreptiles.com
    Looks awesome! I never realized how powerful iweb actually was until i decided to use it... Just a few things you may want to do to improve the site a little... In the navigation bar, capitalize all the page titles... other than that its a very clean & simple site, and looks awesome! Also, a cool little additive would be to make it so you can click Each animal on the collection page so it brings you up to a new page talking about that animal in specific....

Heres how you can do it...

1)Make a New Page.. This will be the page about the animal you want...
    2)After the page is created, bring up the "Inspector"
    3)Make a text Box, and place it over the animal... This will be the area you are able to click so shrink/stretch it to the size need to fit the pic of the animal on the collections page...
    4)After that is done go back to the Inspector and go to Hyperlinks
    5)Select the Text box by clicking on it and click "Enable as a hyperlink" on the inspector... This will now make it clickable...
    6)You will want to make the "Link To" "One of my pages"... Then select the page you made about the animal....

And there you have it... And if you dont want the page about the animal to show up in the Navigation Bar, just go to the "Page" section of the Inspector and uncheck "Include Page In Navigation Menu"..

Awesome Site!
    ~Brandon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SGExotics For This Useful Post:

cinderbird (08-29-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m00kfu View Post
    Very clean and easy to find what you're looking for. Works for me.
    thank you!

its being updated pretty frequently, im planning on working with a web designing friend of mine to kinda.. spice it up a little.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DBD View Post
    Looks awesome! I never realized how powerful iweb actually was until i decided to use it... Just a few things you may want to do to improve the site a little... In the navigation bar, capitalize all the page titles... other than that its a very clean & simple site, and looks awesome! Also, a cool little additive would be to make it so you can click Each animal on the collection page so it brings you up to a new page talking about that animal in specific....

Heres how you can do it...

1)Make a New Page.. This will be the page about the animal you want...
    2)After the page is created, bring up the "Inspector"
    3)Make a text Box, and place it over the animal... This will be the area you are able to click so shrink/stretch it to the size need to fit the pic of the animal on the collections page...
    4)After that is done go back to the Inspector and go to Hyperlinks
    5)Select the Text box by clicking on it and click "Enable as a hyperlink" on the inspector... This will now make it clickable...
    6)You will want to make the "Link To" "One of my pages"... Then select the page you made about the animal....

And there you have it... And if you dont want the page about the animal to show up in the Navigation Bar, just go to the "Page" section of the Inspector and uncheck "Include Page In Navigation Menu"..

Awesome Site!
    ~Brandon
    omg THANK YOU. i'm so web-stupid its not even funny (and ive taken classes on the stuff, i've just blocked it all out because i had SUCH a bad time with it). I've been trying to figure out how to do this but thank you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cinderbird For This Useful Post:

SGExotics (08-29-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cinderbird View Post
    omg THANK YOU. i'm so web-stupid its not even funny (and ive taken classes on the stuff, i've just blocked it all out because i had SUCH a bad time with it). I've been trying to figure out how to do this but thank you!
    Yes, its a very simple task once you get the hang of it... Check out my site if you get a chance... I made it all on Iweb as well
    ~Brandon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DBD View Post
    Yes, its a very simple task once you get the hang of it... Check out my site if you get a chance... I made it all on Iweb as well
    ~Brandon
    haha good ol' iweb. I'm in the process of updating the site right now, im going to be trying a few things that you told me about.
    ill let you know how it goes

PS, i dont think spider x spider gives you 100% spiders, it still gives you normals. hehe.

Thanks

updated the site with the new clicky features

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nice site, and easy to navigate. You have a few things I wouldn't really put on there but overall it's a good site.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Nice site, and easy to navigate. You have a few things I wouldn't really put on there but overall it's a good site.
    what would you leave out?

Some of the stuff may be combined now that i know how to link pages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast