Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,725

1 members and 2,724 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Back from Daytona!

My boyfriend and I just got back from Daytona. We snagged an '09 spider, pinstripe and a pastel. We'll get some pictures up here soon.

Whoever else went, what did you think of this show? If you got anything, did you get good deals?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Back from Daytona!

Already? I spend almost the entire day at the show when I get to go (didn't get to go this year).

Can't wait to see your pick-ups!

Thanks

Talking Re: Back from Daytona!

Here they are!

Eos, our '09 Female Pastel from Suffolk Selects:

She's a nice yellow from the spine ridge down and has some awesome blushing! She's got a pretty light head as well and she's a bit fussy right now because she's entering the pinkbelly stage of her shed process!

Lillith, our '09 Female Pistripe from Dynasty Reptiles:

She's got a nice distinct line on her back that I like in pinstripes. It's not a complete line but still beautiful nonetheless!

Last but not least is Azrael, Az for short, our '09 Male Spider from Gateway City Reptiles:

He's a good example of a spider. He's got a good mid-white with a distinct yellow back. Here's the kicker, he has what looks like two paradox spots! See for yourself! Even if he's not paradox, he wasn't advertised as such; I just happened to notice the little spots on him in his little closure with his other spiders, I like him all the same!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Congrats on your pick-ups!! I will be attending tomorrow, so what were your observations on the show? Busy? Crowded? GOod deals? High prices?
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    Congrats on your pick-ups!! I will be attending tomorrow, so what were your observations on the show? Busy? Crowded? GOod deals? High prices?
    It was an awesome show! It's pretty packed around noon but not so bad that you can't move. We were like one of the first 300 people in. Timberland Foods ws handing out little business cards in the lobby for 500 free crickets. My boyfriend ad I walked away with 1,000 free 3/4" crickets for our Beardie. We won't need to get her any for a while.

All the big name people are there; BHB (I GOT MY PICTURE TAKEN WITH CHEWY!!!), VPI, TSK, etc . . ., and expect to pay a bit higher prices from them.

All-in-all we were only looking for the pastels, spiders, and pinstripes. Below is a small list I've compiled off the top of my head of running rates from what I remember seeing/what we got ours for.

Pastels: $40Male-$225Female
    Spiders: $150Male-$325Female
    Pinstripes: $200Male (Ben Siegel Booth)-$450Female (Good luck finding a female under $300! We saw every booth there and the only one with a lower female was Dynastey Reptiles for $275. Other than that pretty much everywhere else was $300; $325 at BHB, and the really expensive ones were usually from smaller dealers)
    Super Pastels: $650Male-$750Female
    Pewter: $650Male-$750Female
    Cinnamon: $175Male-$350Female

Thanks

Hey I thought it was great too! soo many cool reptiles. I ended up picking out a spider female. I haven't weighed her yet but i would guess she is about 500-600grams.

I will be back tomorrow!

BTW, Beautiful pickups Sune.

!!! Its Peanut Butta Jelly T I M E !!!
    My Serpents Den
    • 1.0 Normal - "Mr. Snakey"
    • 1.0 Pastel - "Mojo"
    • 0.1 Spider - "Foxxy Cleopatra"

Thanks

Daytona was Great this year. They moved the show into a different room and I think it worked out perfect. I was one of the first 5 people in both days. I picked up a 600gram female spider, 2,000 gram female pastel, hatchling female pinstripe, hatchling femle pewter and an early 09 male lesser bee. I'll be making a thread later on my purchases.