Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,979

2 members and 2,977 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Finally in Daytona!

Yep, I'm finally here, the 2 and a half hour drive seemed like forever! lol We got here like 3 hours ago and already went to the convention center to check out the tables (they wouldnt let us in becaue it was vendors only) but we did get a look inside. We also already played mini golf at the "Daytona Lagoon" it was okay, but not the nicest place ever, especially with all of the go karts zooming by really loud...! Now im just chillin in my room and we will probable go down to the beach in a few minutes

Cant wait for the expo tomorrow, im going to get a really nice pastel BP I am going to get there 15 min before it opens and get in line to get the first pick!!

I'm just really excited, so I decided to post here
    Kevin

1.0 Normal Ball: Luther
    0.1 Pastel Ball
    1.0 Spider Ball

Thanks

Re: Finally in Daytona!

Hey! Welcome to my neck of the woods. I live like a block from Daytona Lagoon. I bet your bummed about the vendors only thing. I woke up early this morning cause I was really excited to go pick out a few new snakes. Then I read the program, only to find out that today was vendor only

O well, like you said, be there early tomorrow.

I'm just really excited, so I decided to post here
    I posted to share in your excitement, haha!

!!! Its Peanut Butta Jelly T I M E !!!
    My Serpents Den
    • 1.0 Normal - "Mr. Snakey"
    • 1.0 Pastel - "Mojo"
    • 0.1 Spider - "Foxxy Cleopatra"

Thanks

UPDATE: I just got back from the silent auction and it was really fun

At the show I purchased Provent a mite, Two big BP morph posters, and a
    VERY nice female pastel. (pictures up tomorrow) I also got to meet Brian Barchyk (sp?) from BHB and got to see a scaleless cornsnake, which felt like velvet. Be looking out for a TV show on Discovery channel starring BHB!

At the silent auction I won a framed fang display of the black mamba, gaboon viper, rhino viper, eastern diamondback, picadoi's jumping viper, and bushmaster. It was very nerve racking, but I go it for half the value! (100 bucks)

Tomorrow we are going to the beach for a while, picking up the snake from the expo (we left it there because the hotel is really cold and we were worried), maybe buying a few frozen rodents, then leaving for tampa

All in all: the prices were extremely low and it was very fun.
    Kevin

0.1 Pastel Ball
    1.0 Spider Ball

Thanks

Sounds like fun! I have always wondered one thing about really big shows like Daytona. Even when you get there first and are one of the first people to get in the doors, do you run around like a mad person trying to see everything and find the best quality and price wise of what you want?

I know we used to try and get to the reptile show here early to get the first pick but it's a small show. I couldn't imagine going to a huge show and seeing something I like but wondering if there might be something better at another table. It would probably drive me crazy.
    REPTILES: Ball Pythons, Bearded Dragons, Blue Tongue Skink, Corn Snakes, Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Mali Uromastyxs, Sulcata Tortoise, Tokay Geckos, Veiled Chameleons.
    FISH: African Cichlids, Rhino Pleco, Silver Dollars, Tiger Oscars
    MAMMALS: Miniture Pinschers, Cat, ASF's, boyfriend, me

Thanks

I superspeed walked down every isle and i stopped at everything yellow (pastel bp). i found three snakes who were in the top three and luckily they were right next to each other. I finally decided on one and couldnt be happier

Also, you can map out your path ahead of time (i didnt) and maybe go to all of the big names first, its whatever you want to do.
    Kevin

0.1 Pastel Ball
    1.0 Spider Ball

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    Sounds like fun! I have always wondered one thing about really big shows like Daytona. Even when you get there first and are one of the first people to get in the doors, do you run around like a mad person trying to see everything and find the best quality and price wise of what you want?

Haha, here's what my boyfriend and I did yesterday at Daytona. We had walkie talkies, and the second we got inside, we split in two directions. I started at one end, and he started at the other. We knew exactly what we were looking for, and what our price range was for each snake. When we thought we found a nice example of what we wanted, we'd call the other person over to take a look. When we split back up we continued on our path until we snagged the last one we were after, and just wandered the show together the rest of the time we were there.

Thanks

Wow, walkie talkies. Now you guy were prepared. But that would be a good idea since I'm sure it wouldn't be easy to find the other person in that big of an area.

Well maybe someday I'll get to one of the big shows.
    REPTILES: Ball Pythons, Bearded Dragons, Blue Tongue Skink, Corn Snakes, Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Mali Uromastyxs, Sulcata Tortoise, Tokay Geckos, Veiled Chameleons.
    FISH: African Cichlids, Rhino Pleco, Silver Dollars, Tiger Oscars
    MAMMALS: Miniture Pinschers, Cat, ASF's, boyfriend, me