Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,269

2 members and 3,267 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Something seems off

Printable View

• 04-13-2021, 07:04 PM
    Bogertophis
    Re: Something seems off
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    He refused a small rat but so did my only other carpet (jj x jcp) who痴 still winter fasting. I知 gonna give him a soak later and see how this shed plays out. Thanks again everyone. 🙏🏾

🔥MM4L🔥

Besides that, you already noted that it appears he's going into a shed again. In my experience, snakes don't have to be fully clouded up, or even show any sign of shed at all to refuse food due to an upcoming shed cycle- they seem to know before we can see any signs, so I'd not be too discouraged- just wait & see. ;) I hope he enjoys his "spa day".
  • 04-20-2021, 05:39 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Re: Something seems off
    Hey y誕ll, Chomper had a beautiful shed today and looks amazing! I値l snap a picture later. I bumped up his temps to 90-92, stopped his nighttime temperature drops, soaked him once, and misted his cage a couple of times. I still think he was a little dehydrated from not eating for so long, even though he always has fresh water, but in any event I was sooo happy when I came home and saw he had shed cleanly. He was rubbing his nose when I left this morning so I had my fingers crossed. I知 still gonna keep an eye on him and I知 hoping he値l eat this week. If he goes into another quick shed, or has any other issues, I値l get him straight to the vet. Thanks for the concern and well wishes team!

🔥MM4L🔥
  • 04-20-2021, 05:53 PM
    Bogertophis
    :sweeet: That's great! I'll bet his appetite follows soon too.
  • 04-20-2021, 06:12 PM
    Caitlin
    Thank you for the great update - he'd been on my mind. I'm really glad that it sounds like he is bouncing back from his blah phase.
  • 04-20-2021, 11:43 PM
    jmcrook
    Something seems off
    Great news, Ziggy! Hoping for a hungry critter soon for you. Weirdly my Royal Python went on a fast this winter for the first time in a while and is also in his most rapid second shed interval in years. Looks no worse for the wear though. Just an odd animal sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk