Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,039

1 members and 3,038 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
  • 07-06-2007, 01:08 AM
    McAdry
    Re: Breeding Ball Pythons - Some things to consider...
    Great post very well thought out. Now jamie thats not what you told jo just kidding put she put my pention into the snakes said it was a shure thing now I hear this. In the end it really comes down to if you love what you do it might pay for itself if not it gives us a few wonderfull experiance with wonderfull animals. Everyone thinking about gettting in to breeding snakes for money should read this post.
  • 07-06-2007, 08:21 AM
    Alice
    Great post Jamie. #5 - time is always overlooked; especially as one's collection begins to grow. I am amazed at how much time it takes to properly care for our snakes and their feeders.

I think you also need to have some ability to take and post pics . . . . you know we are always asking for pictures. :)
  • 07-06-2007, 08:24 AM
    jglass38
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Alice
    Great post Jamie. #5 - time is always overlooked; especially as one's collection begins to grow. I am amazed at how much time it takes to properly care for our snakes and their feeders.

I think you also need to have some ability to take and post pics . . . . you know we are always asking for pictures. :)

Thanks Alice and everyone else that commented!

As far as the pictures, that one isn't coming so easily to me. I am a bad picture taker. I built a homemade light box last week but am still tweaking it. From what I have seen and heard, lighting is the key!
  • 07-06-2007, 02:30 PM
    Sputnik
    Great post Jamie, good to see it's a sticky. I think this applies to pet ownership in general, not just reptiles. :)
  • 07-06-2007, 02:42 PM
    Freakie_frog
    Great post brother!!!

That pretty much sums it up. Be willing to provide and care for them first and for most..

Great job.
    Quote:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jglass38 again.
  • 07-06-2007, 02:58 PM
    MeMe
    excellent post!

I would give you some good rep points but apparently....I have to spread the love! :oops:

and on a side note, I am too stingy to sell any of mine!

I want to keep them all!!!!

and I can!

:P

lol.
  • 07-06-2007, 03:03 PM
    Petboy15
    Excellent. I wanna add that the time is really a big thing. Especially for younger people still in school. Im a sophomore in high school. As of now, I have 9 snakes and the breeder rats. You have to have time to take care of these guys-I spend maybe 3 hours per week. I also play on the football team and need time for homework. So just think things through and make sure that you have time to take care of these animals and fulfill any oter obligations you have.
  • 07-06-2007, 04:07 PM
    cassandra
    Great post Jamie! (even tho you do wear little girls pink panties whenever possible =D)

I'd like to echo the vet bills and proper caging...really burns me when I see people saying things "oh I can't take my snake to the vet until I get paid" or not getting a proper cage setup because they can't afford it. :mad:

And the time...yeah...spent an hour just cleaning one cage this week. Big snake, big cage, big POOP. But I knew that going into it. When thinking about having a snake or another snake or another 10 snakes, you need to ask "am I ready to commit to cleaning up this animal's poo for potential the next several decades?"
  • 07-07-2007, 04:00 PM
    stangs13
    Nice Jamie!! Great post, deffantly stickie worthy. You are a really great person to have around, always there to kick people into shape, and give them a spanking when needed! Your really snake savvy to boot!!:rockon: Jamie!
  • 07-07-2007, 04:20 PM
    MeMe
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stangs13
    give them a spanking when needed!

Jamie is giving out spankings???

I have been a bad girl...very, very bad.

:D