Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,107

2 members and 3,105 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
  • 10-04-2021, 12:53 PM
    KMG
    It reminds me of the guy at the gym I try to help out. He'll stick to a workout routine for 2-3 weeks and then change it because "it's not working." Things take time so give it the time it needs.

I see this often in today's young people. I get it though. Everything today is darn near instant. Many of today's young folks would lose their mind trying to surf the internet with dialup.
  • 10-04-2021, 01:36 PM
    CakeLike
    Re: How to get a snake to relax?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    How long does it take? Longer than two weeks. Lol! Two weeks is nothing. I know in today's world of instant gratification it seems like an eternity but it's not. Not everything is like Amazon Prime. Some young Bloods I got years ago took months to settle down and trust me.

The most important thing for a snake keeper to do in my opinion is RELAX.

I know. But he was calmer when I held him first time at the breeders home.
  • 10-04-2021, 01:41 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CakeLike View Post

Because he knew the breeder & his home. You & yours are a scary new place to him now- snakes learn their way around in the world- how do you suppose it feels to have everything you recognize suddenly disappear? :O With no way to understand how it happened.

Reminds me of all the times I've taken my snakes elsewhere to do programs, including hands-on "meet & greets". Because I've picked up my snakes first, at home where they recognize both me & where they are, they are somehow ALWAYS completely calm when I handle them elsewhere, & the same goes for meeting people. But if any of those strangers had somehow came to my house & tried to remove the snakes from their homes, it would have been different.

Snakes like consistency- because it makes them feel safe- & everything we can do to show they're safe with us tends to pay off very well. Give them a chance to recognize you before handling- it really helps them to trust you. They know our scent & touch- use them to your advantage- it's actually our only common "language". Snakes tend not to rely on what they see, so don't expect them to. Focus on their other senses.
  • 10-04-2021, 01:44 PM
    Zincubus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CakeLike View Post

He probably cooled him slightly before you got there .. it slows them down considerably ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro