Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,123

2 members and 3,121 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

what is it?

Printable View

• 02-15-2017, 05:57 PM
    Dezoruba
    Re: what is it?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumdum333 View Post
    what's the snake underneath that one with the cool pattern on the back?

That is a pastel highway. I'll hopefully have some pastel highway babies next year, can't wait!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
  • 02-15-2017, 08:40 PM
    OTorresUSMC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezoruba View Post
    That is a pastel highway. I'll hopefully have some pastel highway babies next year, can't wait!

Not to hijack this thread but isnt it such a shame those pastel highways dont keep that contrast and coloring into adulthood? Love the look of those snakes so much but then i saw an adult. Kinda like coral/banana it all just seems to fade.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  • 02-18-2017, 09:48 PM
    Chappy4o
    hmm, well thanks everyone, kind of a bummer she isnt a morph . . . oh well. she is one of the best normals ive seen. but maybe im biased lol
  • 02-19-2017, 09:04 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Trisnake View Post
    I wouldn't think fire or vanilla. The color and pattern aren't right, and there's not enough fading and blushing going on. The reduced pattern within the alien heads is reminiscent of the two genes though.

I personally think she's a normal, possibly a yellowbelly. Would need more belly photos to confirm or dismiss that possibility though. She's gorgeous either way, very rich colors.

EDIT: scratch that, just took a better look at her photos, no yellowbelly.

Yeah, I wasn't sure. I know those two morphs are very similar and pretty subtle. I was thinking the head didn't look washed out enough either, but I'm far from an expert on morph identification.
    Thanks for the info.
  • 02-21-2017, 11:40 AM
    rufretic
    Don't get too caught up on hoping she is a morph. I think she is just a very pretty normal, which in my opinion is better than having a not so great morph. It's much harder to find a really nice normal than an average morph:)
  • 02-21-2017, 02:10 PM
    Zincubus
    what is it?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    Don't get too caught up on hoping she is a morph. I think she is just a very pretty normal, which in my opinion is better than having a not so great morph. It's much harder to find a really nice normal than an average morph:)

Totally agree!!

It's a real nice looking Royal and far nicer than a few Pastels I've seen knocking around !!

I actually prefer 'normals' to those new faded , ghost type morphs or the ones with faded head colours giving the impression they've been rubbing their heads on something !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 02-21-2017, 04:49 PM
    Dumdum333
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezoruba View Post

absolutely beautiful!
  • 02-21-2017, 05:54 PM
    Hannahshissyfix
    I agree she's a nice looking normal but I do have a few other concerns. How close are you with the shop you got her from? It almost sounds like they were just telling you what you wanted to hear. I find it crappy on their part that if a vendor legit sent them the wrong snakes that they wouldn't return or adjust prices to compensate the breeder properly but I also find it odd they'd tell you possible morphs that it clearly isn't if they had in fact received a call from the breeder.
  • 07-02-2017, 08:15 PM
    Chappy4o
    Idk, not very close but still only paid "normal" pricing so it's not like I got ripped off. . . Might have just been they weren't sure what it was.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  • 07-09-2017, 08:08 AM
    Sociopathetic
    Looks similar to my normal