Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,410

1 members and 3,409 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
  • 12-09-2018, 06:37 PM
    cletus
    Re: Adult Boa enclosure details
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerries View Post
    Anubis is going to be 3 years old if not already, is it typical for them to be that small at that age? Trust me I’m in no rush (in a sense lol) I really want her to grow healthy and live a very long happy life it just seems forever lol yet I see the growth and truly appreciate it all she is my longest but not my heaviest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry about it. My Hypo female is almost 4 years old and is small. Her breeder is well known for slow growing his boas. I did step up her feeding schedule a bit and she grew faster but she is very healthy, just smaller for her age.
  • 12-09-2018, 06:50 PM
    Aerries
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    That does seem small for a BI. He looks healthy with a nice firm muscular body. He doesn’t look underfed, but maybe the feeding style may have been “maintenance” style inadvertently. Just be sure the food item matches his girth or a bit less. If his size is in between then I feed 2 smaller prey items every other feeding before moving up to a size that is too big right now and wait until he gets bigger.

But, like any species of an animal, he could just be a runt or late bloomer. I would not be surprised if Anubis has a growth surge these next few years.

That’s the thing I got her at petco, so tbh I have no past info

• 12-09-2018, 08:19 PM
    Sauzo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerries View Post
    She’s just over 3 feet and then some, maybe 4 inches. And pushing 700grams here soon.

I wouldnt worry. As long as the snake is healthy and eating, that's all that really matters. Plus boas grow slower than grass. If you want something fast growing, get a retic. Caesar is will be 3 years old this coming May and he is as thick and even longer than Rosey my 6 year old BCI girl who i got when she was about 18 inches. Rosey is 6-7 feet and Caesar is easily 9 feet.
  • 01-29-2020, 08:01 PM
    Aerries
    Sooooo I'm just now following up on this and after finializing some details and moves around the Reptile Room, I've make the decision to go with a A20 AP Enclosure. Gives Anubis enough floor space considering is 4ft long by 2feet wide and the ability to climb becuase its 3 ft tall and has a basking shelf. I'm really stoked to see this come together in the next 4-5 months, So this allows me to really dig into alot of my cultures for making this enclosure bioactive as well and further expand on my knowledge. Any potential insight with going Bio-active with a Boa?
  • 07-10-2020, 12:31 AM
    Aerries
    Adult Boa enclosure details
    Soooooo here’s a bump to this thread, I got the A20 and here it is just doing some final testing on the probe placement and I’m still deciding if I want to go Bioactive or not...don’t mind the cage on top that’s my newest addition to the zoo our new dragon that I’ll post here shortly! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...bb4e90991a.jpg

• 07-11-2020, 01:04 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    Very nice enclosure Aerries. What are you using as a heat source?
  • 07-22-2020, 07:20 PM
    Aerries
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    Very nice enclosure Aerries. What are you using as a heat source?

Sorry bud for getting back so late it’s a Pro Heat model PH-12, 340 BTU/h, 100 watt, 12" x 24" x 1" radiant panel I was having problems with the probe placement ton get everything dialed in but figured it out she’s not in yet as the humidity is still 88-90+% on the floor but the shelf has stabilized to 65% and I’m still waiting on finding some large grape wood and or drift wood so she has something to climb. She’s about 4.5 feet and 1800-2000g so still small for such a large enclosure BUT it will be bioactive so I just need to pick up my top soil and seed my ISO’s and springtails and plants, I’m just doing Pothos cause she’s a bulldozer worse then my BPs.