Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,952

0 members and 2,952 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Hey y'all!

Printable View

• 06-14-2019, 05:24 PM
    WrongPython
    Hey y'all!
    I've been lurking around here for the past few months and figured it was finally time to join in on the fun. :)

I'm looking to adopt/bring home my first ball python in a few months. I'm trying to finalize the specs for their enclosure now and would like to consult with people who already have some experience. I helped care for some native herp species several years ago, and getting to see some colleagues' herp collections recently reminded me how much I miss having reptiles around. I've mostly just kept naturalistic freshwater and marine aquaria up to this point. If things go well with the ball python, there's a very good chance I'll be bringing home a few more snakes in the future - a blood python seems to practically be a given in that case!

If anyone's interested in my forum name: I'm a graduate student in ecology, which actually entails a lot of coding and computer programming nowadays. As a result, you'll probably hear "you should learn Python!" (the programming language) at some point. While I did go out and learn Python, I wound up reading about the snake, not the language. So, one could say that I focused on the "wrong Python." :P

(I will get to the programming language at some point, though. I swear!)
  • 06-14-2019, 05:29 PM
    Bogertophis
    :rofl:Love your name, & :welcome: You have lots of company here, I'm sure most of us learned the wrong python too. Mine's an Aussie Spotted...:snake:
  • 06-14-2019, 07:39 PM
    Reinz
    Welcome to the forum!

I like Ike how you came up with your screen name. :)
  • 06-15-2019, 02:43 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Welcome to the forum and soon the wonderful world of snake keeping!!

That's a fantastic user name!!! :rofl::gj:

Good job getting everything set up before bringing the animal home!! :gj:. That will save both you and the snake a lot of stress.

I can't wait to see what you start your collection with. BPs are awesome snakes and pretty easy if you do your homework and know what you're getting into. Which it seems you are. :gj:
    Bloods are awesome snakes, and I think you're wise to go for the BP first. My Borneo STP (in the Blood family) is a wicked cool snake, but I'm glad I had experience with other species before a STP.

Good luck, please keep us posted.
    Feel free to ask any questions you may have, we're happy to help.