Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,365

1 members and 3,364 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Spray can mural updated

Printable View

• 09-10-2007, 02:37 PM
    PythonWallace
    Spray can mural updated
    I've put in another 8-10 hours on my mural since I posted pics. Here is where I'm at now. I had to take 4 pictures and splice them together. the light rays in the 2nd from left photo threw off my camera, so I had to lighten the midtones quite a bit to get that panel to match the other 3. You can see that that completely washed out the light source, but the color is pretty close other than that. I probably have another 6 hours to go with all the handpainting and the rest of the crabs and stuff I plan on adding. This almost shows the whole 10' wall, but the top and sides are cropped a litlle.

http://www.inkednation.com/images/us...7253142039.jpg
  • 09-10-2007, 03:03 PM
    ladywhipple02
    Re: Spray can mural updated
    That is just really.... COOL.:rockon:
  • 09-10-2007, 03:15 PM
    Laooda
    :judge: AWSOME!!!!!!!!! I love it!
  • 09-10-2007, 03:30 PM
    JLC
    Simply brilliant!!

How did you solve the issue of moisture coming through the cement and making the paint run?
  • 09-10-2007, 03:39 PM
    PythonWallace
    Thanks for the nods. I didn't do anything. I waited it out through a few hard rains and it was holding up, so I pressed on. I've been getting plenty of rain here, so it should be fine. It doesn't drip, but some color wipes off if you wash it, so I definately have to use a few coats of clear coat when I finish. The last of it will be hours of detail work, but it will be worth it in the end. I even painted scales on the Angels that have naturally visable scales. I just bought an airbrush, so I might use that to do the detail work. Applying quick dry spraypaint with paint brushes is a tough battle.
  • 09-10-2007, 04:02 PM
    juddb
    Man thats really nice, good job on it, next time you should do something like a bunch of morphs piled up. :D
  • 09-10-2007, 04:18 PM
    PythonWallace
    Quote:

Originally Posted by juddb
    Man thats really nice, good job on it, next time you should do something like a bunch of morphs piled up. :D

Thanks. I wanted to do something that most people would want to look at since I plan on selling the condo within the next year. I'm hoping it will add something when people are looking at it. I'd hate to have something that turns buyers away. Plus snakes are really hard to paint with any kind of detail. I hope a buyer doesn't stipulate that the wall has to be painted over before the sale, but I know it's a possability. I did think about doing a scene of a snake pit with BP morphs and some trees with different GTPs, but I'd probably have another 100 hours to go if I started something like that.
  • 09-10-2007, 04:26 PM
    frankykeno
    That's fantastic! I can't see how that wouldn't be a selling point actually. Underwater scenes are considered restful and it's a custom, one of a kind job (make sure your realtor pushes that when you do decide to sell). Lovely work! Want to come to my house and do my youngest son's bedroom? LOL
  • 09-10-2007, 04:40 PM
    PythonWallace
    Quote:

Originally Posted by frankykeno
    That's fantastic! I can't see how that wouldn't be a selling point actually. Underwater scenes are considered restful and it's a custom, one of a kind job (make sure your realtor pushes that when you do decide to sell). Lovely work! Want to come to my house and do my youngest son's bedroom? LOL

Thanks. That's kind of what I was thinking, but you never know who will be taking the walk throughs. If you didn't live in Ohio I'd love to do another one. I learned so much with this, that my next one will look 10x better and take a lot less time. I wish I had practiced on a couple of 4x8' plywood first, but I got the hang of it now. From planning to techniques to can control and how the paint lays down... this one is all a learning experience for me. I plan on doing many more in the future. This project has already got me back into graffiti art and into airbrushing too.
  • 09-10-2007, 08:41 PM
    python.princess
    that's amazing! can't wait to see the final product!