Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,708

5 members and 2,703 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD

My Foster Dane...

Printable View

• 06-09-2008, 09:52 AM
    bityrock24
    My Foster Dane...
    Well I thought that I would share the wonderful Dane that I am getting to foster for the next several months.

https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil.../stitch_fs.jpg

Her name is stitch and for now I have to get her through some medical things before she can be adopted. She had a case of Trigeminal Neuritis, I had to hand fed her canned dog food every 4 hours and hand fed her water as she couldn't eat or drink on her own. Then we found out that she is heart worm positive as well. She is 2 years old. I have her about 90 % over the Trigeminal Neuritis, she is back to being able to eat dry food and is drinking on her own again. The group that she is through is a wonderful group, they really care about all of the dogs.
  • 06-09-2008, 10:44 AM
    Ladydragon
    Re: My Foster Dane...
    what a beautiful dane. I love danes. what exactly is Trigeminal Neuritis? I've never heard of that before. always glad to see foster dogs, or any foster animal, doing well in a good environment.
  • 06-09-2008, 10:59 AM
    STORMS
    What a beautiful girl! Looks like she is very happy in her foster home:gj:
  • 06-09-2008, 11:04 AM
    tigerlily
    I agree. She's a beautiful dog. I hope she continues to improve with you, and makes it through the heartworm treatment okay as well.

Here's a link that explains Trigemial Neuritis...
  • 06-09-2008, 11:06 AM
    snakelady
    Nice Dane. Great job rehabilitating her.
  • 06-09-2008, 11:09 AM
    AzureN1ght
    I love Danes--they're beautiful dogs, and that girl is no exception. I feel about Danes how I feel about Retics, though--beautiful animals, but I fear they'd be too much of a handful for me. You're doing a wonderful thing for that girl and I hope she makes it through the heart worm treatment with flying colors, so she can find a perfect forever home.
  • 06-09-2008, 12:35 PM
    catawhat75
    Awww she is adorable. Thank you so much for being a foster :hug:
  • 06-09-2008, 01:02 PM
    jknudson
    Beautiful pup! You're doing a wonderful thing nursing her back to health! Best of luck with the heartworm treatment.:gj:
  • 06-09-2008, 02:20 PM
    Laooda
    I was raised with a Dane... My parents got him when I was one and a half years old... and he was my babysitter, my pillow, my protector, and my best friend for the first 7-8 years of my life.
    I have a SERIOUS soft spot for the Breed, and you just made my day! Thank you for sharing her story, and being so wonderful. :bow:
  • 06-10-2008, 05:27 PM
    Blu Mongoose
    Great job! Hope she gets a great home!! Keep us posted on how she's doing!:)
    I did dane rescue for years. Loved working with danes, we always referred to them as the heartbreak breed though due to their shorter life expectancies. I had danes for many years. I love the merles. I had a gorgeous uncropped merle named Ginger.