Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,893

2 members and 2,891 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Noxubee Wildlife Refuge

Printable View

• 07-24-2021, 06:43 AM
    rlditmars
    Re: Noxubee Wildlife Refuge
    That DeKay's could not have made himself any flatter in his posturing, could he? What a menacing animal and yet, you still drew from deep within you the courage to pick him up. The farce is strong with this one. :P
  • 07-24-2021, 10:26 AM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    That DeKay's could not have made himself any flatter in his posturing, could he? What a menacing animal and yet, you still drew from deep within you the courage to pick him up. The farce is strong with this one. :P

:rofl: I found a little Dekay's in my back yard last fall while raking up leaves- I picked him up briefly to move him away to safety, despite his frightful coiled defiance. :snake2:

Came across what I assume was the same one several months ago, studying me & happily with less terror on his or her part- as before, I only handled enough to move to safety (I was mowing grass), & neither time did the snake actually try to bite me- just hoped to scare me off. I sure love finding snakes in my yard- the largest this year so far was a 2' ribbon snake that was watching me intently as I pulled weeds very close to her, but she appeared ready to take me on if I dared to "try anything"! That "extra foot" made all the difference, I kept my hands to myself. :rofl:
  • 08-06-2021, 09:22 AM
    jmcrook
    Thamnophis sauritus/Eastern Ribbon Snake
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...a71a8eb92a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 08-07-2021, 09:38 AM
    bns
    Cool Ribbon. I've spent some time watching them in the wild...they are good fishermen.

Thanks for sharing.
  • 04-24-2022, 11:14 PM
    jmcrook
  • 04-25-2022, 12:15 AM
    Bogertophis
    What a nice find! They have great camouflage, don't they? (though he stand out nicely where he is now)