Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,985

1 members and 2,984 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
  • 08-24-2010, 09:39 PM
    HERETiC
    Depends, usually once or twice a week at least. Sometime I handle them more then that though. Sometimes when I'm changing their water, usually every or every other day, I'll pick them up and admire their colors lol.
  • 08-24-2010, 09:41 PM
    BEasy119
    Re: how often do you hold your snakes?
    I try to hold my snakes as much as possible. I just got two new ones so i'm really trying to get to know their personality! :snake:
  • 08-25-2010, 10:00 AM
    anatess
    Everytime the kids come home from school, we always do this exercise:

Kid: "Mom, can we take the snakes out?"

Me: "Is it feeding day?"

Kid: "No."

Me: "Did they eat yesterday?"

Me: "Are their eyes blue?"

Me: "Okay, go ahead.... NOT THE BABIES!!!"

Kid: "Yeay!"
  • 08-25-2010, 10:02 AM
    IndySnake
    I handle mine every other day, some times a little less than that. The exception is my CalKing...since he is new, I'm trying to hold him for at least 10-15 mins a day (except after feeding) to get him use to me and being handled. He does alright after a minute or two but he's still musking me almost every time. lol
  • 08-28-2010, 12:38 AM
    xxxLIGERxxx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxLIGERxxx View Post
    i handle mine 15 to 30 minutes a day except when she's being fed and shedding. i also bring her to my organization where i volunteer and let my co volunteers handle her after i brief them of how to handle her and if they will not freak out when she starts crawling otherwise, they are limited to petting her on her tail and tummy this usually last for about 30 - 45 minutes.

apparently, im holding sasha right now! LOL missed holding her since she just finish shedding a couple days ago.
  • 08-28-2010, 03:23 AM
    Necia Krauth
    i have three ball pythons, ranging from my largest 3ft, boomba(named by my 5yr son), 2.5ft one, still need to name and 2 ft one that i need to name as well, i handle them every day, my husband once a week and my son once a week.
  • 09-01-2010, 04:47 AM
    MarkS
    Where is the option for 'once every week or so when I'm cleaning the cage'?

There are some I handle much more often then that, but most seem to prefer being left alone. Snake handling is more for me then it is for them.
  • 09-01-2010, 04:52 AM
    mlperryman
    Every 2-3 days most of the time, but never the day before she eats or the day after. We also don't hold her a lot when she's shedding.
  • 03-29-2012, 10:03 PM
    robinbanks
    I'm ashamed to admit it, but not often enough...
  • 03-29-2012, 10:32 PM
    ChrisS
    I hold mine once a week, if that. Between a 50 hour work week and a 15 month old I barely squeez in 10 minutes a snake. And quarantine snakes only get held when they are being moved for cleaning. They are also the last snakes I mess with. Wish I had more time to hold them but it's probably in the best interest of my snakes anyways :D