Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,396

1 members and 3,395 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
  • 05-18-2017, 12:12 PM
    Hannahshissyfix
    How many subjects have FINALLY in them?
    Because this lady is FINALLY laying at 57 days after ovulation! I was starting to get paranoid she was egg bound so was really excited to see she has 4 out so far when I checked on her. Now to leave her alone and hope she doesn't try to bite my face off when I take the eggs.
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...518_113145.jpg

Her name is "Happy" since that's how she came out of her box.
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...802-093915.png
  • 05-18-2017, 12:25 PM
    JodanOrNoDan
    Congrats. I have three clutches that are now three days late. I just want some flipping eggs already. Its been too many months since I have had anything in the incubator. I want to be able to say "finally" too.

Just throw a towel over her. I have never been bit taking one off her eggs but there is usually quite a bit of huffing and hissing. LOL
  • 05-18-2017, 12:44 PM
    Hannahshissyfix
    Re: How many subjects have FINALLY in them?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Congrats. I have three clutches that are now three days late. I just want some flipping eggs already. Its been too many months since I have had anything in the incubator. I want to be able to say "finally" too.

Just throw a towel over her. I have never been bit taking one off her eggs but there is usually quite a bit of huffing and hissing. LOL

Yeah I already have a towel ready. I don't usually use one but she already struck at me opening the tub a few inches to check how she's doing and I don't feel like calling 3200g bluff. I got a few seconds video since she snapped then instantly pushed another out. Poor gal.
  • 05-18-2017, 12:54 PM
    samm
    That's a great picture , congrats on the eggs .
  • 05-18-2017, 03:19 PM
    C.Marie
    :O The name fits? LOL Congratulations on the clutch hope you get a whole new morph after the wait and the grief that lovely lady caused you , GOOD LUCK :gj:
  • 05-18-2017, 05:22 PM
    redshepherd
    Congrats!! Also wait, I don't understand the second picture, can someone explain. :O
  • 05-19-2017, 10:18 AM
    Hannahshissyfix
    Quote:

Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    Congrats!! Also wait, I don't understand the second picture, can someone explain. :O

Second picture was right after I unboxed her and she was NOT happy and bit my phone as I was recording. She's continued to be a rather pissy lady and yesterday definitely won the most strikes contest when I was taking her off the eggs. Ended up with 8 good eggs which is nice but I was really hoping for her size and having laid a few clutches shed hit double digits. Fingers crossed I get a lesser crystal hold back.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...518_133623.jpg

I'm also curious with them being laid so late if they'll end up pipping a few days early . Guess back to the waiting game
  • 05-19-2017, 10:21 AM
    Devenco
    nice clutch off happy! :p

and indeed the waiting game begins!