Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,693

0 members and 2,693 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
  • 07-17-2017, 01:02 AM
    bcr229
    Some snakes are shy feeders and the "zombie dance" can put them off. Make sure that the food item you're offering is nice and warm. Put it down in front of the entrance to her hide and walk away. If it's still there in the morning then toss it.
  • 07-17-2017, 07:07 AM
    Craiga 01453
    ^^^^^^ YUP ^^^^^^

If it was me, I would wait a few days as well. Your snake isn't going to starve. I personally would wait a few days, let the snake get settled in his new setup with his new hides. Try feeding Wed night....but that's just my two cents.
  • 07-17-2017, 08:07 AM
    Zincubus
    Re: Help New Ball Python Owner
    For what it's worth ..
    This method WORKS if done properly ...
    I wait until evening as they're nocturnal of course . I let the rodent thaw out in the reptile room so they get the smell ..
    Then I warm up the mouse / rat with a hairdryer and offer with tongs IMMEDIATELY whilst still warm . If refused simply repeat the heating and offering as many times as needed. .
    A couple of mine will only strike feed from within their hides so I dangle the warm rodent in front of the hide's entrance - usually works but if it fails simply reheat the rodent with a hairdryer and immediately offer again whilst it's still warm :cens0r:continue until it's grabbed ...
    I always wait until evenings to feed as they're nocturnal of course .

Incidentally , if it shows no interest at all not even a tongue flicker maybe it's best to leave for a week or so.