Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,275

5 members and 3,270 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Guess what...

Printable View

• 06-25-2017, 10:06 PM
    piedlover79
    That looks like an ovulation to me! Congrats!
  • 06-26-2017, 12:32 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    Re: Guess what...
    Congrats on the eggs Zina. I'm sure you'll produce some awesome clutches. Enjoy your family and be well. It's great to see you back on the forum. :)
  • 06-26-2017, 10:19 AM
    JodanOrNoDan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    When do you all attempt to feed a female after removing eggs? Days? A week? She is so...empty. And skinny. Can't wait for her to get a good feeding and get her condition back. ;)

I always try to feed FT the week after. 50% will eat. If they do not eat on week 2, I break the rules and feed outside their tub. I have a large tote that I use for this purpose. I will leave them in there with the tote covered while I feed everyone else so they really smell rat then feed them last. Most everyone is eating by this point. For the holdouts live is required. Once they begin eating again they are usually pigs and will eat anything that comes their way. For the females that are super skinny I will put them on a four day schedule until they don't look anorexic.

BTW, glad you are back.
  • 07-17-2017, 03:24 AM
    BR8080
    Your eggs still incubating?
  • 08-17-2017, 12:16 PM
    zina10
    Getting close now !!!
    Clutch was actually laid on Jun 22 second so day 60 would be Monday, August 21st.
    Same day than the solar eclipse :)

Eggs have started to collapse a bit 2 days ago, but not very much yet. Sometimes I stare at them for a while and I swear I see a little "twitch".
    Since I waited so long to breed after buying these "morphs" I know they aren't that exciting anymore, but its still very exciting for me just because its the first "planned" clutch and from my own animals.
    The only other clutch I took care off was a surprise from a rescue snake way back.

So..how do you all keep from staring at the eggs every chance ? Haha...

I'm not going to cut to see what's in there. If anything I'll wait until the first pip or day 60. But the wait is getting to me ;)

After those eggs I still have the ones from the Pastel Lesser that should pip around Sept. 11th.

And still waiting on one clutch to be laid from the Pastel Enchi, around Sept. 6th or so. She is running late ;)
  • 08-17-2017, 04:06 PM
    PghBall
    Congrats! I missed this completely. You should be seeing pips any day now!
  • 08-17-2017, 04:46 PM
    zina10
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PghBall View Post
    Congrats! I missed this completely. You should be seeing pips any day now!

I know :)

I should just put a chair and a bottle of beer in front of the incubator. I can stare into it all day long, LOL !!! I will probably get a heart attack once something actually happens.

I know, I know. Its not that special..haha. And I have raised one clutch before.

But this is different. This is from snakes I have raised since they've been itty bitty!

:)
  • 08-17-2017, 05:14 PM
    PghBall
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    I know :)

I should just put a chair and a bottle of beer in front of the incubator. I can stare into it all day long, LOL !!! I will probably get a heart attack once something actually happens.

I know, I know. Its not that special..haha. And I have raised one clutch before.

But this is different. This is from snakes I have raised since they've been itty bitty!

:)

It's always cool when you raise them up from hatchlings to their first clutch :gj:
  • 08-19-2017, 11:23 AM
    zina10
    and we have takeoff !!!

First little head poking out today :)

Looks like it may be a Super Pastel ? Its something more then a pastel, I think. (Breeding is Bumblebee + Super Blast)

I'm terrified of causing twisted umbilicus when messing around with the eggs to much, so should I cut slits into the rest of them now, or give it a bit more time, like until this one is out and safe?

A very blurry pic...

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4440/...3e04fe23_b.jpg
  • 08-19-2017, 07:01 PM
    rlditmars
    I've never cut and so far I have only ever lost one baby to a twisted umbilicus. If everything hasn't pipped within 24 to 30 hours of the first one, then you may want to cut. Other than that, the less disturbance, the better is my philosophy. Best of luck.