Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,715

3 members and 2,712 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD

ratextravaganza!

Printable View

• 07-28-2006, 01:04 PM
    recycling goddess
    ratextravaganza!
    that's what they are calling it! it costs $1 to get in and we are definitely going!!! they are going to have fancy ratties there... i expect kids and their ratties but my daugher (7) and i are definitely going to it tomorrow... i'll let you know how wonderful it was!!!!
  • 07-28-2006, 06:58 PM
    SatanicIntention
    Re: ratextravaganza!
    That sounds like a quarantine nightmare waiting to happen. You can never know where other people's rats come from and you may come home with some disease like SDA or Sendai on your clothes and your rats will contract it.

If you do go, take your shoes off outside when you get home, take a shower, wash clothes you wore that day, blow your nose, and bleach your shoes.

You may possibly come home with something that could be highly infectious to your rats.

And no, I'm not just being anal retentive. I've had alot of friends who have lost entire colonies of their pet rats before, just because they went into an infected pet store and came home with something they didn't intend to.
  • 07-28-2006, 07:29 PM
    frankykeno
    Take sanitary precautions and if allowed...take pics! :)
  • 07-28-2006, 07:34 PM
    SatanicIntention
    Well yes of course! Pictures of rattums are always welcome :)
  • 07-28-2006, 08:30 PM
    recycling goddess
    i'll take heaps of pics... *pack the camera aleesha...* LOL i'm so forgetful right now.

i got heat stroke and dehydrated earlier this week and am still recovering... man it's hard keeping the fluid levels up once they are loooooow.

and yes becky... we'll change when we get home ;)
  • 07-29-2006, 09:16 PM
    recycling goddess
    we didn't hold or touch any of the rats... there were only about 20 there. we watched on judging and then we left.

my daughter had a blast though... which is what's important!
  • 07-29-2006, 11:03 PM
    frankykeno
    And the pictures are?????
  • 07-30-2006, 12:22 AM
    recycling goddess
    right here in my camera... can't you see them?
  • 07-30-2006, 02:27 AM
    frankykeno
    Bah! Fine I'll go drag out a table, lug out some of my own dang rats, call it "ratapalooza" and snap some pics (and charge myself a dollar to get in of course...wonder if I would like to purchase some useless rat based souvenirs as well???).

Where's da pics! LOL
  • 07-30-2006, 03:07 AM
    recycling goddess
    oh jo... you are being so impatient! is it those babies inside those eggs thats doing it to ya? LOL

i'll upload them now... :wuv: