Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,985

1 members and 2,984 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Cohabitation

Printable View

• 12-03-2018, 09:03 PM
    Godzilla78
    Cohabiting pythons is one of those things that sounds really great and interesting in theory, but in reality just doesn’t risk well.
  • 12-03-2018, 09:39 PM
    Crowfingers
    Re: Cohabitation
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad37 View Post
    I'm not against separating them and I do have a spare tank for it but I wasn't sure if reptiles can emotionally attach themselves to each other.

someone may have already said this, but snakes don't get emotionally attacked to anything - ever. They are not social animals, they don't have a well developed reasoning system in their brains. They learn that person caring for them = not predator, not danger. Mine has "learned" that food appears at a certain spot in the cage and waits there, that's about it.
  • 12-03-2018, 10:35 PM
    MR Snakes
    Re: Cohabitation
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowfingers View Post
    someone may have already said this, but snakes don't get emotionally attacked to anything - ever. They are not social animals, they don't have a well developed reasoning system in their brains. They learn that person caring for them = not predator, not danger. Mine has "learned" that food appears at a certain spot in the cage and waits there, that's about it.

And that's about as complicated as it gets for me also. Go to my seat at the table and wait for food.:P