Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,543

2 members and 2,541 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
  • 11-30-2018, 09:00 PM
    ssmith73
    Animal Plastics Enclosure Lock
    I just received my AP T8 yesterday. I just assembled it today. Super easy to assemble! I elected not to get the door lock, thinking it would come with the holes in the glass already and I would then just buy one of the same style locks on Amazon for $5.00. Well if you don't order the lock you don't get the holes.

How are you locking your enclosure if you also did not get the lock option?

Thanks for reading!
  • 11-30-2018, 09:05 PM
    RickyNY
  • 11-30-2018, 09:55 PM
    ssmith73
    Re: Animal Plastics Enclosure Lock
    I bought one of those from the local hardware store and unfortunately there is a center support that makes it so it doesn't work.
  • 11-30-2018, 10:41 PM
    RickyNY
    Oh man, sorry. Didn't think of that.
  • 11-30-2018, 11:44 PM
    Cheesenugget
    Lol I don't buy the lock at all. I stuff some old mail (medical invoices are great ha) and stick it in between the glass. Works great.
  • 12-01-2018, 02:02 PM
    ssmith73
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheesenugget View Post
    Lol I don't buy the lock at all. I stuff some old mail (medical invoices are great ha) and stick it in between the glass. Works great.

LOL, that's one way to recycle!

I was thinking of putting a plastic toilet shim in there as they are small, only a few inches.
  • 12-01-2018, 02:31 PM
    jmcrook
    https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Fini...85950935&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 12-03-2018, 02:35 AM
    ssmith73
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Fini...85950935&psc=1

I did end up buying one of those Friday night. It was delivered today. The tab that sits on the edge of the glass was a little long so I took a spare bathroom tile and a pair of pliers and shaped it around the tile. Worked perfectly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 12-03-2018, 10:13 AM
    pretends2bnormal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post

I use these also, work a like a champ.

I do bend and break off the 90 degree angle part that sticks into the cage, since it comes with sticky tape on it and I don't want that inside the cage. It breaks off nicely along the corner if you just bend that bit back and forth several times. I've had 0 issues using these on 6 cages for over a year, no falling off like I saw a few reviews mention (though I did make sure the glass was clean and dry before installing).

I like these locks way better than the AP ones. One of my T8s has their lock hole installed, but the mechanism broke and lost its pins over the summer about 8 months after I got it during normal use. Also, the holes never quite lined up right when I slid the doors closed and that made the lock more difficult to use as well for mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • 12-09-2018, 09:39 PM
    cfd701
    I have this lock and the center divider. I did need to "notch" the divider a bit for the fastener to fit inside but it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/Sliding-Ratch...indow+key+lock