Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,876

2 members and 2,874 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
  • 09-11-2013, 01:56 PM
    Squagem
    Hey Aaron, absolutely excellent post! Very informative and detailed - we should definitely replace that sticky as I'll be using this as a reference from now on :)

I noticed that you didn't have a timed light source for the setup, however. Is that something that was simply not required for the type of snake you showcased in your demo?
  • 09-11-2013, 02:19 PM
    The Serpent Merchant
    Re: How to Setup a Glass Tank (20 long) With Pictures!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Squagem View Post
    Hey Aaron, absolutely excellent post! Very informative and detailed - we should definitely replace that sticky as I'll be using this as a reference from now on :)

I noticed that you didn't have a timed light source for the setup, however. Is that something that was simply not required for the type of snake you showcased in your demo?

Thanks.

It's not really required for most snakes.

That said I light all of my cages with 18" ZooMed Nature Sun 2.0 full spectrum linear fluorescent bulbs. I decided not to include it in this thread as it is meant to just cover the basics.

I run my lights 12 hours a day during the summer, and as short as 8 hours a day during the winter
  • 10-11-2013, 05:10 PM
    herculies
    can you place the thermostat probe in between the glass and zoo med brand uth?
  • 10-11-2013, 07:06 PM
    The Serpent Merchant
    Quote:

Originally Posted by herculies View Post
    can you place the thermostat probe in between the glass and zoo med brand uth?

Yes.
  • 10-11-2013, 07:12 PM
    herculies
    thanks just making sure since the 1 pictured had a split like heat tape
  • 10-11-2013, 08:04 PM
    NYHC4LIFE8899
    Your missing something rough for the snake to rub against when he sheds.. Rough vines or a rock or something along those lines......as well as things for him to climb,I think then your enclosure is complete

in general,awesome job man,very informative and should be stickied
  • 10-11-2013, 09:24 PM
    DooLittle
    My quote is not working...

Nyhc4life, they can rub against the glass and themselves. They dont really need anything rough, imo.

Aaron, good job. Thanks for taking the time to post this. :-)
  • 10-11-2013, 09:27 PM
    Kodieh
    My entire adult cages have the snake, water bowl, and bedding. They shed in whole pieces every time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
  • 10-11-2013, 11:52 PM
    southbay54
    why are you using a lamp when you have the flex watt
  • 10-12-2013, 12:03 AM
    The Serpent Merchant
    Quote:

Originally Posted by southbay54 View Post
    why are you using a lamp when you have the flex watt

Heat tape doesn't heat the air in the cage, it only heats surfaces that are in direct contact with it. Any time the air temperature in the room falls below 75 degrees F a heat lamp is necessary to boost the air temperature in the cage to above 75 F. (I shoot for 80 F)