Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,915

2 members and 2,913 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
  • 11-18-2011, 03:40 PM
    ER12
    Say NO to Ohio Reptile Ban TODAY!
    HB 352 sponsored by Representative Debbie Phillips and introduced in Ohio would BAN most all snakes, and all crocodilians. HB 352 is a jerk knee reaction to a recent suicide andsubsequent animal release of lions, tigers and bears in Zanesville Ohio. It is the result of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) exploiting this tragedy to further their agenda of endingall animal ownership and use by providing Ohio Legislators and Department of Natural Resources with misinformation regarding reptiles. There were no reptiles involved in the animal release atZanesville.

Although there is a moderate occupational risk in working with certain reptiles, historically and statistically there is virtually zero public safety risk. Working with traditional livestock andpets presents far more risk than working with reptiles. 35 people per year are killed by dogs in the US. The efforts by HSUS to inflame this situation in Ohio, and sensationalize it through the mediais reprehensible and irresponsible. No one was actually hurt in the incident and NO reptiles were involved. HSUS is engaging in scare tactics in an attempt to force their ideology into law inOhio.

The reptile industry in Ohio represents approximately $30 million in annual trade, thousands of jobs and upwards of 100,000 animals in Ohio. USARK OPPOSES HB 352. It is poorlywritten and demonstrates what poor information the bill's sponsor has received from HSUS. USARK asks that ALL reptile be removed from HB 352.

Click here to OPPOSE HB 352 TODAY and send an email to the Bill Sponsor: http://usark.org/campaign.php?id=27

Click here to read HB 352: www.usark.org/uploads/Ohio-HB352.pdf

USARK says NO ON HB 352!
  • 11-18-2011, 03:50 PM
    mues155
    I sent the email...im not from ohio though, hope i helped anyways!
  • 11-18-2011, 04:07 PM
    RestlessRobie
    Re: Say NO to Ohio Reptile Ban TODAY!
    Email Sent :D
  • 11-18-2011, 05:01 PM
    YOSEF
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mues155 View Post
    I sent the email...im not from ohio though, hope i helped anyways!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH !

I wish for you much peace , happiness !
    Shalom,
    Yosef ....in Ohio
  • 11-18-2011, 05:02 PM
    YOSEF
    I just sent my e-mail ! I don't want my pet taken from me !!!!
  • 11-18-2011, 05:11 PM
    Kinra
    Quote:

Originally Posted by YOSEF View Post
    I just sent my e-mail ! I don't want my pet taken from me !!!!

I sent the e-mail as well. I hope we make a difference and they don't try to take away your pets. :tears:
  • 11-18-2011, 07:12 PM
    AGoldReptiles
    Thank You to anyone who sends in there e-mails! :salute:
  • 11-18-2011, 07:23 PM
    Maixx
    Sent.
    Even if I am from Wa, anti reptile legislation is harmful to all who wish to keep reptiles, this needs to be fought, and not allowed to set further example to other states and localities.
  • 11-18-2011, 07:58 PM
    Virus
    Done, and done.

Let's hope we continue our successful streak against these rediculous bills.
  • 11-18-2011, 08:39 PM
    AK907
    Both my wife and myself sent him emails. We will also be posting this on our Facebook pages.