Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,059

1 members and 3,058 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Pewter banana red eyes?

Printable View

• 11-19-2018, 12:47 PM
    Toasted Hippo
    Pewter banana red eyes?
    Hey all. I bought this pewter banana yesterday and upon inspection I noticed he had red eyes. Which one of the genetics in him out of banana, cinnamon and pastel would cause this? Dont have a good pic of his head cause hes a wee bit shy Haha.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6993f88eb5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
  • 11-19-2018, 01:18 PM
    Knowell
    Re: Pewter banana red eyes?
    I'm curious too. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  • 11-19-2018, 01:44 PM
    pbenner
    I too am interested in this. The Super Banana Black Pastel (Possible Pastel) het Ghost girl I just bought also has red eyes.

Paul
  • 11-19-2018, 01:54 PM
    Knowell
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pbenner View Post
    I too am interested in this. The Super Banana Black Pastel (Possible Pastel) het Ghost girl I just bought also has red eyes.

Paul

Side question: what are the key indicators that set a super banana apart from a single gene banana?

• 11-19-2018, 02:24 PM
    pbenner
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Knowell View Post
    Side question: what are the key indicators that set a super banana apart from a single gene banana?

Banana is Black paled to Purple, Brown paled to Orange/yellow and Yellow faded to near white.

Super Banana is Black paled to Lavender, Browns paled to light yellow, and yellows faded to white.

This is the visible differences I've noted.

The main reason for getting a Super Banana Female though is that all of her Offspring will be Banana, and her Male Babies will be most likely to make Female Bananas.

Paul
  • 11-25-2018, 09:42 PM
    nightscavenger
    If you look at a banana they will have a red tint to their eyes, all banana balls I’ve had has had them, my banana pastel I hatched 9 weeks ago has a red tint to his eyes and he well to say expects me to hold him and feed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 11-25-2018, 11:33 PM
    Toasted Hippo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nightscavenger View Post
    If you look at a banana they will have a red tint to their eyes, all banana balls I’ve had has had them, my banana pastel I hatched 9 weeks ago has a red tint to his eyes and he well to say expects me to hold him and feed him.

Ok thanks for sharing. I want sure if it was all bananas or what lol.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
  • 11-26-2018, 12:12 PM
    pbenner
    I'll have to look, but my Banana Male has striking black eyes over the red, which is why I picked him up.

Are we confirmed that this is 100% that Banana is read eyed?

Paul
  • 11-26-2018, 12:19 PM
    nightscavenger
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pbenner View Post
    I'll have to look, but my Banana Male has striking black eyes over the red, which is why I picked him up.

Are we confirmed that this is 100% that Banana is read eyed?

Paul

That is what my male banana pastel has, black eyes overlaying the red. Wish I had another banana or banana x gene to compare.

To the original OP, I should of read a bit better and asked another question. You said red eyes are they fully red or does the pupil have a red hue to it.

• 11-26-2018, 12:26 PM
    RickyNY
    nightscavenger is right, my banana BP doesn't have red eyes but there is a hint of red in the middle.