Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,742

0 members and 2,742 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
  • 11-11-2007, 05:15 PM
    rabernet
    Back from Birmingham and Introducing....
    Hi everyone! Had another fabulous weekend in Birmingham!

Karl and I rolled into town about 7 pm Friday night and went to dinner with Tim and Monica Bailey. We had a great dinner and went back to the room to admire snakes (they brought their Enchi male and I brought Spenser, my unique normal male, and Bindi because Christie wanted to see her). We stayed up until almost 2 in the morning talking snakes. Tim really inspired me and put me in awe with how passionate he is and all the projects he has planned for the future. Monica is a doll!

We got up early on Saturday, Tim and Monica came down the room, shortly after that Christie got there and we headed off to IHOP for breakfast. Got back and met Trey (mxrider) and his adorable girlfriend Jamie. We all headed off to the show.

Still a small show but more ball pythons this time and Mike Joliff was there. Let me tell you - you couldn't ask to meet a nicer guy with no pretense about him. He had some amazing animals on his table, and his tiger project has me really excited with my love for reduced. He had some unbelieveable Bell line pastels crossed with Tiger. Tim got some pictures of them, and had I had the money, the girl would have come home with me.

But....I did come home with a Joliff Tiger male that's also a possible het snow (66% possible albino, 50% possible het Joliff axanthic). I was walking out to the cash machine and passed Monica and said "I need another male like I need a hole in the head Monica!!!" She convinced me he was a great investment for my future projects and I'm really excited about making my own tiger pastels after I raise some of Winston's daughters.

This little guy already has already been named - introducing my adorable new man in my life - Zaphod!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...hod/Zaphod.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...od/Zaphod2.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...od/Zaphod5.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...od/Zaphod7.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...od/Zaphod8.jpg

Tim left me very excited about my dinker male, Spenser who I posted pictures of last week. I can't wait to breed him to see what happens, Tim thinks there's a very good chance they he could be dominant, maybe even co-dominant if he turns out to be what we suspect he "could" be. But I won't count my snakes before they hatch! :P

Tim, Monica - Wow, what super nice people! I'm so glad that made the time to come up - we definitely have to do this again!

Christie! Sorry you had to cut your trip short, but I'm so glad we got to see you too!

Trey, Jamie - Like Karl said - you guys are "good people" and it was really nice getting to hang out with you guys too and get to know you better.

Ed and Carrie - we really missed you guys and hope you can make it the next time.

Sadly, I didn't take any people pictures, I was too busy picking brains all weekend!
  • 11-11-2007, 05:19 PM
    jknudson
    Re: Back from Birmingham and Introducing....
    Congrats on the pickup! I love banded animals!:gj:
  • 11-11-2007, 05:51 PM
    Freakie_frog
    Robin Wow!!!

Glad to hear you guy had fun with out me :((

And that Tiger you Said he was HOT but my GOD!! that is a fine fine animal and poss HD even better
  • 11-11-2007, 06:10 PM
    frankykeno
    Robin, Zaphod is gorgeous! Very nice addition to your collection hon...big congrats on getting him. :banana:
  • 11-11-2007, 06:10 PM
    rabernet
    Thanks Jason and thanks Ed! Just weighed this little guy and he's my littlest one right now at 270 grams. His sister was even hotter than him. I wish I could have taken her home too! And she was much more banded and reduced than him. And even lighter colored.
  • 11-11-2007, 06:12 PM
    rabernet
    Thank you Joanna! You know that you were the first one that I called as soon as I got him!

Monica and Tim picked up a sweet little girl, that I think Tim may post pictures of later. He also took some pictures of some of Michael's other tiger projects.
  • 11-11-2007, 06:25 PM
    frankykeno
    *scribbles herself a note* Budget for babies sired by Zaphod next year. :D
  • 11-11-2007, 06:28 PM
    PhillyBoyInTN
    I saw Michael's stuff in South Carolina last weekend. Incredible stuff and Mike is a super nice guy. The Tiger Pastel will be mine ;-)
  • 11-11-2007, 06:41 PM
    rabernet
    Not if I get her first! :P
  • 11-11-2007, 06:46 PM
    jkobylka
    What a great pickup Robin! He's beautiful... so glad you all had such a good time!!!!

Justin