Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,927

0 members and 2,927 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

My new baby!

Printable View

• 11-02-2013, 05:20 PM
    Amberlove
    My new baby!
    So 5 days ago I lost my cat, she was 16 years old and her health was declining up to the point that we had to put her to sleep. I was really upset and went to talk to my friend (who owns a local pet shop) and while I was talking to him this cockatiel kept coming up to me and I fell in love with her. My husband got her for me and I am really enjoying her. She is almost 4 months old and she was a hand fed baby. So she is very tame and sweet. I have named her Callie short for Calico. She is called a cinnamon pearly pied cockatiel. Sorry the pics are not the best my camera is in the shop and the cellphone camera isn't the greatest.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps25a6fb06.jpg

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/y...psdedad768.jpg
  • 11-02-2013, 05:24 PM
    Crazymonkee
    So sorry, it's always tough, but when they make it that long... it hurts sooo much more :(
    Congrats on the baby and may she give you years if enjoyment :). She's beautiful!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • 11-02-2013, 05:44 PM
    Amberlove
    Re: My new baby!
    Yeah it has been tough but I knew it was coming for a few months now. She was just getting were she couldn't eat and then she got to the point that it hurt to move so I knew it was time. I didn't want her to suffer. She was a great cat and I have told my husband no more cats ever again.
  • 11-02-2013, 05:46 PM
    NH93
    Beauitful bird!!

I understand your loss. I recently also lost my 16 year old cat. Right around that time is when I brought home my first snake, too.

Good luck with Callie :)