Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,096

1 members and 3,095 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
  • 12-11-2009, 04:43 PM
    ballpythonluvr
    have a chance to be on the local news
    I have an opportunity to do an interview with my local news station about the latest bill. What are some important points and issues that I should bring up? I have been doing some reading about the ban but I would really appreicate any feedback that you guys have. This is my one shot to stand up for the hobby that I have come to love.
  • 12-11-2009, 05:43 PM
    Big Gunns
    Re: have a chance to be on the local news
    Quote:

Originally Posted by python1024 View Post
    I have an opportunity to do an interview with my local news station about the latest bill. What are some important points and issues that I should bring up? I have been doing some reading about the ban but I would really appreicate any feedback that you guys have. This is my one shot to stand up for the hobby that I have come to love.

Do your homework on who is interviewing you, it may be an ambush. You need to find out if they are really going to be impartial, or whether they are gonna take what you say and twist the facts.

Also, take a good look in the mirror, not to be rude, but if you don't look or speak like someone that can be taken seriously, please don't do it.
  • 12-11-2009, 05:51 PM
    ballpythonluvr
    BG,
    I really do appreciate your input and I don't think you were being rude at all. You have given me some really good information and I will keep that in mind before I do make a decision to do this or not.
  • 12-11-2009, 06:45 PM
    Elise.m
    Wow, that's really great! I'd look at other interviews and study what kinda questions they were asked, and think about their answers and how you would answer them. Keep in mind statistics, since they'll likely pull them on you. Maybe if you e-mailed USARK they could give you better pointers.

Good luck! That's very awesome of you!
  • 12-11-2009, 08:38 PM
    mechnut450
    I agree wit h big guns check the people doing the interview some to make sure they not going to twist the facts just to improve ratings. This is something I need to do with the local paper that gonigo t be doing an interview with me. I not much for public speaking but I gonigo t have soem prewritten statements on hand with me for any questions. I will also point out that if they twist the facts I would demand a retractiong of the story and a possible law suit if they take what I am saying and turnit into lies/false statements.. :salute: american or not They are sopost report the truth, not half truths for ratings. I am proud of my pets and rescued snakes and I hate to see someone twist the words i say around just to sell more papers or worst.

This all will effect local and other state money flow rates .I mean come on I buy a snake from BHB and can't get it cause they ban snakes then places like bhb will close up and go under over night ( most likey) and then talk about watching the job rates drop as more people become unemployeed due to the ban, rodent dealers, larger reptile breeders, and then a lot of the smaller ones casue they gonig oto needot double their prices( locally) to help cover their extra permits and lic just to sell snakes.
  • 12-11-2009, 08:57 PM
    rabernet
    Here's a great video that clearly and concisely lays out talking points as to why this bill is a bad idea.

YouTube - New comments on S373
  • 12-11-2009, 09:42 PM
    mechnut450
    hey robin that a great video and that guy need well done I think I may use it if the newspaper ask about more info I will link it to them tonight as research help..