Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,092

0 members and 3,092 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
  • 09-23-2009, 11:57 PM
    Envied Reptiles
    Looking for a banner producer who...
    Looking for a banner producer who... can accept .sgv format files.

I created a new banner using inkscape (a free vector art program) with the intentions of having it printed on a 6 foot vinyl banner for the upcoming NARBC Tinley show. However, the printing company I was planning to use apparantly cant accept this file format. Can anyone reccomend a print shop that may be able to help me out ?
    -Nick
  • 09-24-2009, 07:19 AM
    cinderbird
    Re: Looking for a banner producer who...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Envied Reptiles View Post
    Looking for a banner producer who... can accept .sgv format files.

I created a new banner using inkscape (a free vector art program) with the intentions of having it printed on a 6 foot vinyl banner for the upcoming NARBC Tinley show. However, the printing company I was planning to use apparantly cant accept this file format. Can anyone reccomend a print shop that may be able to help me out ?
    -Nick

i'm not fimiliar with the program, but if its anything like the other programs i've used you have an option to save files as another file type File>Save As> etc.

That may help :/
  • 09-24-2009, 09:21 AM
    nixer
    you could try a file converter.

here is one i found http://www.fileformat.info/convert/image/svg2raster.htm
  • 09-24-2009, 04:44 PM
    Envied Reptiles
    thanks guys. i didnt want to change the file type (to keep it as vector so that it would keep the clean lines when blown up and printed). I found a way to save it as a pdf and it seems to work. Thank you both again for your help and advice.
  • 09-24-2009, 04:47 PM
    Nate
    I have Illustrator. Illustrator will open SVG Files. I will save it as AI or PDF, or whatever you need.

I would NOT convert it to a Raster graphic.
  • 09-26-2009, 05:27 PM
    Envied Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    I have Illustrator. Illustrator will open SVG Files. I will save it as AI or PDF, or whatever you need.

I would NOT convert it to a Raster graphic.

Thanks Nate.
    I found a way to successfully convert it to PDF. The banner producer (jakprints.com) assured me it should keep the clean lines of the vector this way. I will find out mid next week when I pick it up.