Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,908

1 members and 2,907 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Is this a normal?

Printable View

• 03-20-2017, 06:24 PM
    Zincubus
    Re: Is this a normal?
    It's just the colouration in that top - first photo thaw throwing doubts in my mind . Looks kinda different than the ' norm' but it could be the lighting or something.
  • 03-20-2017, 07:00 PM
    Trisnake
    I agree with LizardLicks. The banding and coloration is very enchi imo. Just doesn't have the head pinch, which not all do. The last photo seems darker than the others though and that's why I'm a bit uncertain.

My first inclination when I saw her was that she is an enchi.
  • 03-21-2017, 09:37 AM
    JodanOrNoDan
    I work with enchi and I am having problems with this one. The banding is right but the coloration is too inconsistant between the images. The enchi line I am working with is very orange, this one looks to be more of a yellow which is throwing me off. I would need to really see the eyes and especially a closer look at the belly scales. The individual scales with coloration on the belly, for lack of a better term should appear pixalted. A bunch of tiny black dots instead of a solid black. Here is a pic of a baby I hatched last season.

https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil...0958_small.jpg

You can see how orange they start out. As they age, the orange on the top begins to brown out a bit. This girl is a hold back, so if anyone is interested I will take a more recent pic so that you can see the changes.
  • 03-21-2017, 10:26 AM
    yankeeslover
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    I work with enchi and I am having problems with this one. The banding is right but the coloration is too inconsistant between the images. The enchi line I am working with is very orange, this one looks to be more of a yellow which is throwing me off. I would need to really see the eyes and especially a closer look at the belly scales. The individual scales with coloration on the belly, for lack of a better term should appear pixalted. A bunch of tiny black dots instead of a solid black. Here is a pic of a baby I hatched last season.

https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil...0958_small.jpg

You can see how orange they start out. As they age, the orange on the top begins to brown out a bit. This girl is a hold back, so if anyone is interested I will take a more recent pic so that you can see the changes.

I will see if i can get better pics.. this i can say, His Eyes are yellow...not sure if that means anything or not...
  • 03-22-2017, 02:27 PM
    Trisnake
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeeslover View Post
    I will see if i can get better pics.. this i can say, His Eyes are yellow...not sure if that means anything or not...

Interesting. Would like to see pictures of them. Enchis tend to have lighter colored eyes but from what I've seen they're usually more greenish than yellow.
  • 03-22-2017, 09:21 PM
    brettfong
    I'd say enchi
  • 03-22-2017, 10:47 PM
    kxr
    A closer picture would help... Like trisnake said, I want to say enchi but the head doesn't look right in that pic. A better pic will makes a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 03-23-2017, 02:10 AM
    StillBP
    My first thought was enchi via the banding but due to lack of typical enchi coloration if it is enchi I would have to say it was on the lower spectrum. Could be just a banded normal. Better photos in natural lighting without a flash would help to identify.
  • 03-23-2017, 06:01 AM
    PitOnTheProwl
    No flash and natural light would help a lot.
    Possible low grade Enchi.