Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,968

2 members and 2,966 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Prolapse?

Printable View

• 01-05-2019, 08:15 PM
    Bogertophis
    Glad you made a vet appt'mt...the other store should have. :( She looks a bit swollen too, just above the cloaca.
  • 01-05-2019, 08:51 PM
    Lord Sorril
    Re: Prolapse?
    She may be passing uric acid crystals which are causing irritation. If so: the issue would go away as she gets larger (and remains properly hydrated).

Just a guess.
  • 01-05-2019, 11:42 PM
    Armiyana
    I've got a little one that's doing something similar.

The first time was enough that the vet had to do a little stitch to keep the tissue in. We did okay for 5 weeks.... and now we had to head over to the vet again. I'm wondering if it's an issue of muscle control on a young snake. But it's frustrating because having the prolapsed tissue is not a good thing, but at the same time I don't know how long it would take for them to actually work through this issue. I did notice that a couple times when I did catch the little one pooping, it did tend to really push quite hard and gape a bit after, even though the poop itself wasn't terribly large...And now this second prolapse of the tissue.

Wishing you luck with yours! Seems like we're in the same boat on this one for a bit.
  • 01-06-2019, 02:15 AM
    Sunnieskys
    This just makes me so sad. When I started with this job I lost a female BP. She was sick and I started doing research and I had to put her to sleep. I vowed to never lose another snake unless I had done everything in my power. I haven't lost one yet. It is my personal mission. This is why I won't order snakes I just get them from other stores to help the little ones and try to educate other animal leaders to properly car for them.
  • 01-08-2019, 02:33 PM
    Sunnieskys
    So little sweety was impacted. Dr B got it all out. Sweety is still swollen and her fecal will be tested for parasites. She may get two little sutures for healing. She also will get antibiotic injections every three days.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
  • 01-08-2019, 02:44 PM
    Sunnieskys
    No stiches for sweety. She pulls it all back in.

• 01-08-2019, 04:16 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunnieskys View Post
    So little sweety was impacted. Dr B got it all out. Sweety is still swollen and her fecal will be tested for parasites. She may get two little suchers for healing. She also will get antibiotic injections every three days.

That's great news! :carrot: You're doing SO much good for these snakes in your care...THANK YOU! (-because they can't talk) ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunnieskys View Post
    No stiches for sweety. She pulls it all back in.

"....oh what a relief it is..." :D
  • 01-12-2019, 03:30 AM
    Sunnieskys
    Little sweety got her second injection today and i wasn't even going to try and feed her. Then I thought...I will offer to her first and if she doesn't it will just go to her sister. She ate it....even with the car ride, the shot, car ride back, and sitting with me at lunch. She ate a hopper! She is still in the back in her own cage on paper towels, loaded up with plants, two hides and top covered in foil. All of this of course against protocol......lol. And her vent looks better too. She still gets stressed and pushes but she is on the mend. One more shot on Tuesday the. I make sure she can pass stools ok before she goes back on the floor. Oh and her parasite test came back negative.
  • 01-12-2019, 01:19 PM
    Bogertophis
    GOOD WORK! :floating: You've really BEEN there for her. :snake: Lucky snakes that cross your path. At least while they're under your care.
  • 05-15-2022, 02:52 PM
    Ballpythonguy
    A sad ending
    My 5 year old Purple passion female prolapsed and I did not catch it in time. Her cloaca necrotized and I had to put her down. I have no idea what caused it. She was in always in good health prior and a beautiful snake. I used dry ice vapor to do the job painlessly. I check them all daily now.