Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,904

1 members and 2,903 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
  • 01-09-2019, 05:09 AM
    Zincubus
    another post my ball python won't eat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ballpythoncornsnake View Post
    https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil...5853822451.jpg

sorry guys here is the enclosure for my snake took me a little while to figure it out

Well that photo tells me nothing really .... I kinda see a few blurry things in the background but can't be sure they're hides ... certainly don't look like two identical hides ( warm and cool sides ) I can see an awful lot of open space which Royals/Balls HATE !!

For what it's It just looks to big in the first place for a young , small and nervous little Royal python. My young Royals all did best in smaller 2' vivs .. if I moved them to a bigger place they stopped eating .

I'm still not convinced this is a genuine thread as in all my years I've not heard of anyone making quite sooooo many mistakes whilst completely ignoring any suggestions and advice offered .

THEN it appears that you've routinely been feeding a young Royal with a syringe.... and after getting some shocked replies you now say you've also been force feeding your Bearded Dragon !?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 01-09-2019, 09:29 AM
    Craiga 01453
    This, my friends, is the unfortunate side of the world wide interweb... anybody can post anything.
    And sometimes information that is fabricated, incorrect or even just plain asinine somehow comes across as "good advice" and people "learn" from it. Then that person passes that info on, and on, and on....

This is why it's so crucial to cross reference multiple sources.

I honestly don't know whether OP is actually screwing with us or is actually applying this info. Either way, it's important to make sure we (the experienced membership) are doing our part to help newbies learn from the right sources. So, even though OP and his/her threads are way off, ridiculously inaccurate and potentially dangerous to the animals involved it's important that we don't allow others to learn from these sources.
    Where OP is picking this info up, I have no clue. But let's do our part to squash it right here.
  • 01-09-2019, 01:30 PM
    ballpythoncornsnake
    Re: another post my ball python won't eat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I had one that fasted for over 8 months ... she eats every time now albeit only every 10 days .

That is fine but i'm doing the responsible thing my snake is only 300g and over a year old so very underweight if the snake was 1000g then yes that is fine but being malnurished they will get sick eventually,im just going to bring the weight up to 400g and see if he will eat again.

This is the funny thing with ball pythons if you search a you tube video how to syringe feed a snake youll get lot of ball python videos 90% are ball pythons they are a piece of work for sure.
  • 01-09-2019, 01:41 PM
    ballpythoncornsnake
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Well that photo tells me nothing really .... I kinda see a few blurry things in the background but can't be sure they're hides ... certainly don't look like two identical hides ( warm and cool sides ) I can see an awful lot of open space which Royals/Balls HATE !!

For what it's It just looks to big in the first place for a young , small and nervous little Royal python. My young Royals all did best in smaller 2' vivs .. if I moved them to a bigger place they stopped eating .

I'm still not convinced this is a genuine thread as in all my years I've not heard of anyone making quite sooooo many mistakes whilst completely ignoring any suggestions and advice offered .

THEN it appears that you've routinely been feeding a young Royal with a syringe.... and after getting some shocked replies you now say you've also been force feeding your Bearded Dragon !?!?!

this forum sucks for posting pictures i will explain when i rescued the snake she was on a glass enclosure 36x18x17 half of the tank was room temperatures the snake was eating fine but spending most of the time on the warm hide.I bought this pvc enclosure i got 2 radian heaters the cool side is set to 81f the warm end is set to 86-88f depending on room temp on the warm hide i also have a heat pad those 2 thermostats you see up there one is a VE 300x2 and the other VE300 they control the 3 devices individually.the pvc enclosure is not that much bigger then the old glass 36x24x16 i have 2 identical cave hides https://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-Rep...exo+terra+hide like this one but is a medium one and a bark hide in the middle the snake uses the whole enclosure at night she likes to climb on top of the ceiling where the LED light is and explores the whole enclosure that tells me that she is happy there.and spends ta good amount of time on both side warm and cooler.
  • 01-09-2019, 01:48 PM
    ballpythoncornsnake
    Quote:

Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    This, my friends, is the unfortunate side of the world wide interweb... anybody can post anything.
    And sometimes information that is fabricated, incorrect or even just plain asinine somehow comes across as "good advice" and people "learn" from it. Then that person passes that info on, and on, and on....

I honestly don't know whether OP is actually screwing with us or is actually applying this info. Either way, it's important to make sure we (the experienced membership) are doing our part to help newbies learn from the right sources. So, even though OP and his/her threads are way off, ridiculously inaccurate and potentially dangerous to the animals involved it's important that we don't allow others to learn from these sources.
    Where OP is picking this info up, I have no clue. But let's do our part to squash it right here.

there is lot of good information out there and there is also lot of bad one you have to have enough knowledge to separate them i been keeping reptiles for a year now i know a quite a bit about my animals a few months ago i bought some horn worms and my beardie git real sick with parasites coccidia,after some heavy doses of antibiotics septra was the brand name and force/assist feed my beardie bounced back she ate 10 superworms for breakfast today,when i have a problem i look information online and you tube videos to see what other folks do then i go from there as a herp keeper i learned not to be afraid of trying new things i believe my bearded dragon would of been dead in the hands of someone else.ill keep you guys posted on the snake my bp is not looking like is going to die soon as long as he gets nutrition.
  • 01-09-2019, 02:00 PM
    MR Snakes
    Quote:

I'm not trying to be rude, but trying to help you.

I honestly can't even read your thread. It is one LLLLOOOOONNNNGGGGG sentence, all jumbled together into one difficult to read cluster of words.

Seperate your thoughts, make it easy to read.
    I skip right over threads like yours and many others do too.

You'll get more readers and in turn more replies if your threads are easier to read.

Just trying to help...

THIS^^^^^!!! It's amazing how many (mostly young) people have absolutely no idea how to write or form a sentence. I too started to read the first post and by the third line left.
  • 01-09-2019, 02:01 PM
    MR Snakes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ballpythoncornsnake View Post
    there is lot of good information out there and there is also lot of bad one you have to have enough knowledge to separate them i been keeping reptiles for a year now i know a quite a bit about my animals a few months ago i bought some horn worms and my beardie git real sick with parasites coccidia,after some heavy doses of antibiotics septra was the brand name and force/assist feed my beardie bounced back she ate 10 superworms for breakfast today,when i have a problem i look information online and you tube videos to see what other folks do then i go from there as a herp keeper i learned not to be afraid of trying new things i believe my bearded dragon would of been dead in the hands of someone else.ill keep you guys posted on the snake my bp is not looking like is going to die soon as long as he gets nutrition.

Still can't read it.
  • 01-09-2019, 05:14 PM
    Shayne
    Quote:

Abso-freaking-lutely. I’m still trying to figure out if this is just a troll or someone who’s actually a bit....”challenged” in the subject at hand.