Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,030

1 members and 3,029 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

My BP wont eat now?

Printable View

• 12-03-2018, 01:12 PM
    Kenzieburgess
    My BP wont eat now?
    First time owner here, so I was trying to feed my BP for the first time a live fuzzy (I'd prefer frozen but he litterally runs away from it, I've tried everything, so this is last resort to get him to eat something since it's been 3 weeks), I dangled the mouse in front of his face and he struck it... but my dumb butt got startled when he struck because idk why and I suck, and made him miss it, I dangled it again and now he wont strike? I even tried to leave the mouse on the ground in front of him to see if he'll strike it but nope. He let the mouse crawl under him for cover and Twig (my BP) dont even care?? I didnt want to just leave It in there and possible find the water bowl and drown so i put the mouse back in its little plastic container on top of my enclosure with the air holes against the screen top hoping the smell will make twig's tummy grumble a bit and try again in a few hours... but has this ever happened to anyone else?
  • 12-03-2018, 01:18 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    So you are feeding fuzzy mice to a BP?

First Fuzzy are way to small that's colubrid food not BP food, BP are started on hopper right out of the egg.

You also do not attempt to feed hours after it fails you wait another week.

You are a first time owner with what I will assume an hatchling so know that before switching you must make sure that they eat for you successfully at least 3 to 5 times unless of course you bought the animal as F/T feeder which means at least 5 meals on F/T from the breeder.

In any case do this to a T https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-hatchling-101
  • 12-03-2018, 03:12 PM
    Kenzieburgess
    Re: My BP wont eat now?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    So you are feeding fuzzy mice to a BP?

First Fuzzy are way to small that's colubrid food not BP food, BP are started on hopper right out of the egg.

You also do not attempt to feed hours after it fails you wait another week.

You are a first time owner with what I will assume an hatchling so know that before switching you must make sure that they eat for you successfully at least 3 to 5 times unless of course you bought the animal as F/T feeder which means at least 5 meals on F/T from the breeder.

In any case do this to a T https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-hatchling-101

I'm feeding a fuzzy cause he is a baby, the fuzzy is close to the same diameter as his girth. And *update* I tried again about 2 hrs later and he ate it.... sooooo yeah. The last time he refused a frozen I planned on giving him live a few times before attempting to feed him frozen again. But thank you
  • 12-03-2018, 03:38 PM
    Sunnieskys
    But again...a fuzzy is too small for BP's. They eat hoppers right out of the egg. Deborah has been breeding snakes since forever and she is one of if not the most knowledgable here.

Get a a digital scale and weigh your beep. And give a hopper next week. :)

your beep might even be on adult mice by now. BP's can eat bigger prey than you think.