Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,238

0 members and 1,238 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
  • 01-12-2018, 11:27 PM
    Brenhal
    Juvenile ball python hasn’t eaten in over a month
    Hello

My ball python hasn’t eaten in over a month and it is still a baby. I have tried both live and frozen fuzzies. I have tired to feed her both in her tank and in a separate tank at night and during the day but she still has no interest. The temperatures and environment are fine just wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas on what I should do.
  • 01-12-2018, 11:53 PM
    Sunnieskys
    We need your hot spot temp (at the bottom of the spot under the substrate)
    ambient temp
    humidity
    type of enclousre
    is your uth regulated by a thermostat?
    Two identical hides?
    Plenty of hiding spots?

Fuzzies are too small.

Most at of the time when they don't eat it is husbandry related.
  • 01-12-2018, 11:59 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Do this to a T https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-hatchling-101 and I mean to a T.

Next why is your BP eating fuzzy and what type of fuzzy rat or mice?
  • 01-13-2018, 02:38 AM
    Brenhal
    Re: Juvenile ball python hasn’t eaten in over a month
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Do this to a T https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-hatchling-101 and I mean to a T.

Next why is your BP eating fuzzy and what type of fuzzy rat or mice?

i was trying to feed her live mice and she wouldn’t eat it so I thought maybe the mice were too big so I tried to feed frozen fuzzy mice to see if the size mattered because she is still just a baby and isn’t that big at all
  • 01-13-2018, 07:10 AM
    chakup
    How big actually? Weight/age and yes we need the above info on setup. A pic of setup would help as well.
  • 01-13-2018, 09:16 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Public enemy number one: husbandry. If your husbandry is off, that could be why your snake is not eating. So, providing that info will help us help you.

Stress is the second main factor. Does your BP have a proper sized enclosure with proper hides, etc... Are you handling the snake? If so, you should hold off with any handling until your snake is eating. Again, this info will help us help you.
  • 01-13-2018, 02:06 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Re: Juvenile ball python hasn’t eaten in over a month
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Brenhal View Post
    i was trying to feed her live mice and she wouldn’t eat it so I thought maybe the mice were too big so I tried to feed frozen fuzzy mice to see if the size mattered because she is still just a baby and isn’t that big at all

Yes size does matter offering too small of a prey matters too, not only will it not allow your snake to grow at a normal rate but too small of a prey will often not be recognize.

As an example an hathcling BP out of it's egg eats something much larger than a fuzzy, they get started with hopper and quickly move in size.

Get a weight on that animal if you are not capable of eyeballing the proper prey and follow the instruction in the link provided, a young BP should eat.