Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,328

2 members and 2,326 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
  • 08-03-2019, 10:04 AM
    Valyndris
    How old is/was your oldest ball python
    So I remember looking up the lifespan of a ball python 6 years ago and most sites were saying around 20 years, when I search it now days they said around 30 years. I'd like to know what everyone's oldest ball python is or was, this poll is just for ball pythons and no other snakes as all different species have different lifespans. This will let us know how old ball pythons can get and also show how many of us still have our young snakes.

My one and only ball python is 6 years old. :)
  • 08-03-2019, 10:49 AM
    Reinz
    I hope Dianne responds, I think she has one 25-28 years old. Of course I could be wrong I’m both accounts.

Elvira is 18.
  • 08-03-2019, 11:17 AM
    jmcrook
    Re: How old is/was your oldest ball python
    My breeder friend back home has one that, last I knew, was 34-36yrs old.
    My boy, Geoffrey, is 10yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 08-03-2019, 11:34 AM
    GoingPostal
    I got mine in 06 so he's 13 or 14, no idea when he was actually hatched.
  • 08-04-2019, 09:22 AM
    FollowTheSun
    A 1.5 year old and a 3.5 year old.
  • 08-04-2019, 10:19 PM
    tooty
    my oldest is 27 and I have a 26 year old the rest are 15 or less
  • 08-05-2019, 08:26 AM
    Valyndris
    Just had a question for all of you that have ball pythons over 20 years old. Do they behave differently? Like being less active and well act like an old person would. Also, do ball pythons develop old age issues like humans do? Like arthritis, getting sick easier, things like that. I am just curious as I'd like to know what to look out for and when for my little Crowley.
  • 08-05-2019, 08:52 AM
    Luvyna
    Mine is 1 year and 2 months old. It's so amazing to hear about snakes that are 20+ or even 30+ years old. Hope mine will live that long. Pretty crazy to think that if all goes well with my Noodle, he could still be around by a few decades from now, and would have accompanied me through so many different phases of life.
  • 08-05-2019, 12:35 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    My current oldest BP is 10 years. I sometimes wonder if my very first snake, a BP, is still alive. My roommate took her when I moved out (it was a shared pet), we had gotten her as a hatching in '98.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valyndris View Post
    Just had a question for all of you that have ball pythons over 20 years old. Do they behave differently? Like being less active and well act like an old person would. Also, do ball pythons develop old age issues like humans do? Like arthritis, getting sick easier, things like that. I am just curious as I'd like to know what to look out for and when for my little Crowley.

From my experience, not with BPs, some do and some don't. My 28 yr old boa (rest in peace) had gone blind and had a severely decreased appetite. My first corn snake (unknown age, rescue) had recurring RIs, vet speculated it was from a weak immune system due to his age. My bf's dad's carpet python was quite old and developed arthritis, parts of his body would get stiff and we had to take his perches out, vet tried some shots to help, that snake recently passed. In most of these snakes, I also noticed a slightly reduced 'shine' or luster to their scales over those last few years.
  • 08-05-2019, 12:51 PM
    Reinz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tooty View Post
    my oldest is 27 and I have a 26 year old the rest are 15 or less

You didn’t participate in the survey, please respond!