Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,876

0 members and 2,876 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
  • 07-12-2018, 01:09 PM
    JodanOrNoDan
    If you can't control it, don't own it.
    This stuff drives me nuts. The damage is not from the article but from the retarded comments that follow. No press is good press for us.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/...m-ceiling.html
  • 07-12-2018, 01:22 PM
    Ax01
    that boa had to have been on the loose for a bit. it was in the ceiling/floorboards or vent. i wonder if the owner reported it lost. either way, keep if securely caged or on a leash. ;)
  • 07-12-2018, 02:02 PM
    tttaylorrr
    at least neither snake nor human was physically harmed; the guy might need to throw those underwear away tho hahaha.
  • 07-12-2018, 03:30 PM
    C.Marie
    At least it wasn't a reticulated python poor noodles are always villainized. Glad the animal and gorgeous noodle are safe let's hope lesson learned and he makes sure his enclosure is secure. :oops:
  • 07-12-2018, 03:54 PM
    MasonC2K
    Re: If you can't control it, don't own it.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    that boa had to have been on the loose for a bit. it was in the ceiling/floorboards or vent. i wonder if the owner reported it lost. either way, keep if securely caged or on a leash. ;)

I dunno. A determined Boa can cover a surprising amount of ground in a short period of time.
  • 07-12-2018, 04:01 PM
    PiperPython
    This applies for children as well.
  • 07-12-2018, 04:12 PM
    Sonny1318
    I’ve made some less then kind comments about people letting their animals escape. We all make mistakes. But unfortunately when a snake gets lost people aren’t as happy to help as when a dog does.
  • 07-12-2018, 04:33 PM
    Bogertophis
    Mistakes happen with pets escaping, I'm glad it ended well. Why aren't there snakes falling from MY ceiling? :D
  • 07-12-2018, 04:47 PM
    JodanOrNoDan
    On the escape thing... Yes mistakes can be made, but some mistakes cost more than others. Once you get above boa size or the animal has fangs, you assume a responsibility that MUST be met. Most people I know, including myself, are not prepared for that level of responsibility. The problem is that this animal was a boa, not big enough to hurt an adult but the general public cannot differentiate between dangerous and not, so everyone in the hobby owes it to everyone else to keep negative publicity in check.
  • 07-12-2018, 04:58 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    It can be said about so many animal and human lol

Sadly people either don't care or have a poor notion of the abilities/capabilities of their animals.

If it's a cat or a dog rooming the street no one cares but a snake and it's the end of the world (in the non snake people's mind)

I always said it, pet ownership is a BIG responsibility, and some people just do the bare minimum.