Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,957

0 members and 2,957 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

really silly question

Printable View

• 12-03-2018, 12:29 PM
    wolftrap
    really silly question
    soooooo since the holiday season is here and I'm in a decorating frenzy around my house, I got the idea to put some simple fake pine needle garland around my BP's tank - just to trim the black edge around the top and bottom of her tank stand. I was curious if anyone else does the same type of thing, or is it bad for the health of my snake? She can see very little of the garland, and her tank is massive so it shouldn't cause a problem, I thought if anything it would make her feel better and less out in the open - BUT, as always, I am definitely putting her interests first, and if this decoration isn't good for her stress levels, I'll gladly express my Christmas spirit somewhere else! If I leave the garland, I'll definitely watch her for any signs of stress anyway.

thanks in advance to any replies on my silly question!! :)
  • 12-03-2018, 12:33 PM
    FollowTheSun
    Not a silly question at all! I think it shows you are a good owner, to be so thoughtful. :-) I am not an expert here, but I would say the artificial garlands should be absolutely fine as long as the snake can't get to them. And please share pics!
  • 12-03-2018, 12:36 PM
    MR Snakes
    Do it! Merry Christmas:snake:
  • 12-03-2018, 12:37 PM
    Bogertophis
    If they were real pine needles, the scent (pine oils) would be irritating, but I can see nothing wrong with your decorations. ;) Adding cover to the outside
    of her enclosure in the form of garland...I'm not sure she'll even notice, or she might like it left up year-round?
  • 12-03-2018, 12:43 PM
    wolftrap
    Re: really silly question
    I actually am considering leaving it up; the cover that it gives definitely makes it seem more cozy on the outside, so maybe she will feel more secure with this addition?? wish she could tell me if she likes it! :)

thanks for y'all's input, everyone! I'll definitely post pics!
  • 12-03-2018, 05:52 PM
    Craiga 01453
    I see no reason it would be harmful. I say keep it!
  • 12-03-2018, 06:12 PM
    Bogertophis
    Just make sure there's no mistletoe mixed in...snakes give a mean lip-lock! :rofl:
  • 12-05-2018, 04:01 PM
    mandymg86
    I think it sounds nice! Is that your baby in your avatar? She's a pretty girl!