Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,419

3 members and 1,416 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

The Shedding Process

Printable View

• 03-07-2009, 07:28 PM
    DutchHerp
    Re: The Shedding Process
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    Daniel thanx very much for this great info, i had just got on to ask some questions about the sheding process because my male is just passed the cloudy eye stage so i been keeping a close eye on him, i just noticed him sittin on top of his foam tree bark hide rubbing his nose against it then i noticed him kinda like haveing muscle spasm it freaked me out so i got him out and he was rubbing against my hand like he never had before and pulseing and squeezeing all of which was odd to me so i rushed on here to ask someone if there may be a problem. I them read your post and feel alot more at ease now again thanks for that great info.

Duane

Try to not take him out at all during shed cycle; he'll manage himself, and if he doesn't, try helping him AFTER he's tried himself.
  • 04-07-2009, 04:21 PM
    amaurer2
    This is exactly what I needed. It's like the the Thermas. It keeps things hot or cold. How does it know? LOL!!!!!
  • 04-20-2009, 08:33 AM
    aceboogie09
    my snake is in the process, well was in the process. he just shed last night and i got to witness the end part, pretty cool but yet to a new bp owner eww/weird.lol i'll get used to it, wont i?lol

thanx for the article helped me a lot

i was handling him in the stages, didnt really act out or strike or even had signs of him desiering to.

thanx again.
  • 04-21-2009, 08:25 PM
    puddintain
    Awesome. Oby is in the blue stage now. so much for getting to handle after his week is up. Just my luck. But I am patient
  • 05-04-2009, 02:39 AM
    BuddhaLuv
    I am soooooo grateful for this article/post!!! I am new to owning a BP and after viewing the pics and descriptions my boy is definately in the Blue stage:O) It is really interesting being able to read the stages and to actually see my "Tanveer" go through each one! Thank you soooo much!!!:D
  • 03-12-2010, 06:14 PM
    laa13
    Thanks very much! This article was so helpful... I have just noticed a 'pink belly' in my BP and got really scared. But your post explained everything so clearly.... The photos and video are awesome and really helpful since sometimes it's really difficult to grasp some things about shedding from the description. Thanks a lot! :)
  • 03-21-2010, 02:10 AM
    dembonez
    amazing work thanks! my first ball python is in shed the blue eyes cleared and he was out today like he normally is so im waiting for him to finally loose the skin then his first meal! :banana::banana:

thanks for the amazing and interesting guide!
  • 05-31-2010, 07:06 PM
    Erratum
    Thanks for this, and all the posts and FAQs like it.

I've had my girl for almost a month now and she should be shedding soon. I'll know what to look for.
  • 06-07-2010, 12:07 AM
    eblck999
    Thx a lot my snakes eyes are back to normal and things look like they normally do so I can't wait till the skin comes off.:rolleye2::gj:
  • 08-23-2010, 02:34 AM
    xxxLIGERxxx
    are there any pix in this thread? because i cant see any :(