Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,847

1 members and 2,846 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

A Good Trio

Printable View

• 02-15-2017, 10:10 AM
    Yozface
    Re: A Good Trio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cchardwick View Post
    I think just one Firefly is under budget, and a Banana Pied is way over budget, can't get a Banana Pied for less than $1,250.

Here's a Firefly for $90 HA

http://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/rept...-pythons/47509

Yeah sorry. I'm still learning about all the prices. One day I'm sure! Cheers

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
  • 02-15-2017, 10:38 AM
    Yozface
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Yozface View Post
    Yeah sorry. I'm still learning about all the prices. And i meant firefly pied. Love those pieds. One day!! Cheers

• 02-15-2017, 07:53 PM
    Balls2(2)TheWalls
    The budget is 500, but you can pull 150 extra if you need too. So yeah 650 is the very most you could go.
  • 02-15-2017, 08:00 PM
    OTorresUSMC
    Ultramel, coral glow, leopard. I think with some shopping around could get those 3 on that budget. Maybe.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  • 02-16-2017, 02:08 AM
    DennisM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kxr View Post
    If they aren't being bred why do you need three? I'd rather have one jaw dropping $600 animal then try to budget myself to three $200 animals.

Really? Is reptile keeping all about breeding? Is it that important to produce more BPs for an already over saturated market? Why should the hobbyist who enjoys keeping, but not breeding, limit themselves to a single animal? If a non breeder preferred a "single jaw dropping" animal, that's their choice, nothing wrong with that. If another prefers multiple animals, that's their choice. Does a non breeder "need" more than one animal? No they don't. Does a breeder "need" more than two animals? No they don't.
  • 02-16-2017, 08:08 AM
    kxr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DennisM View Post
    Really? Is reptile keeping all about breeding? Is it that important to produce more BPs for an already over saturated market? Why should the hobbyist who enjoys keeping, but not breeding, limit themselves to a single animal? If a non breeder preferred a "single jaw dropping" animal, that's their choice, nothing wrong with that. If another prefers multiple animals, that's their choice. Does a non breeder "need" more than one animal? No they don't. Does a breeder "need" more than two animals? No they don't.

There is really no need to attack me for stating my opinion is there? I simply stated that I would rather have one really amazing animal then three animals if I wasn't breeding. The pricing is really irrelevant and maybe I shouldn't have said one $600 animal. I would rather put that money towards buying the animal that most catches my eye at an expo for example then trying to budget myself three animals.

I also simply asked why the OP wanted three, why is three the magic number? Why not one? Two? Five? Maybe the OP asked because they have three kids and wants to buy them all a bp. How would I know? I apologize if you didn't like my wording. Maybe it sounded a little too concrete.

I'm really starting to feel like I should just stop posting on these forums... I'm obviously doing something wrong here
  • 02-16-2017, 08:22 AM
    OTorresUSMC
    Quote:

There is really no need to attack me for stating my opinion is there? I simply stated that I would rather have one really amazing animal then three animals if I wasn't breeding. The pricing is really irrelevant and maybe I shouldn't have said one $600 animal. I would rather put that money towards buying the animal that most catches my eye at an expo for example then trying to budget myself three animals.

I also simply asked why the OP wanted three, why is three the magic number? Why not one? Two? Five? Maybe the OP asked because they have three kids and wants to buy them all a bp. How would I know? I apologize if you didn't like my wording. Maybe it sounded a little too concrete.

I'm really starting to feel like I should just stop posting on these forums... I'm obviously doing something wrong here

Its thousands of people and its going off words where you cant hear a persons tone. Its like text. Sometimes things can be taken the wrong way or be read as more rude or confrontational than a person meant. I would not let things like that deter you from posting. You did a great job of explaining what you meant (not that i think you needed to) also if people simply stuck to answering the OPs question there would be no room for misunderstandings haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  • 02-16-2017, 11:50 AM
    Meerna
    I would personally go for a Pied, a Super Fire, and either a Pastel or Firefly.
  • 02-16-2017, 12:56 PM
    DennisM
    Quote:

I was not attacking you. I noted that your preference was perfectly fine. so is OP's.
  • 02-16-2017, 01:14 PM
    ladywhipple02
    I'm a keeper at the moment, rather than a breeder, and I've looked at thousands of pictures on WOBP and Morphmarket, pricing out what I like vs. space I currently have available.

I started with the basic morphs I really liked that were popularly/easily bred into BPs, specifically spider, calico, and leopards in my case. From there, I built on them with traits I liked - bright/high white sides, cleanliness of pattern, etc. Then I started looking at price and what was available. Cross-checked breeders, etc. Look some more. And on and on.

There are so many options in this market, that it really pays to look around and find out what you like. It may be something completely different that what others will show you (I love bright stuff and high white sides, but my husband is more a fan of naturals and dark colors... so I know at some point I'm going to have to build that in somewhere for his putting up with me and my hobby lol).