Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,383

0 members and 1,383 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
  • 01-25-2010, 02:30 PM
    Maurice Tebele
    im going to be buying a ghost !
    well i am buying my first double gene snake, and i just love ghosts for there looks,price,and combos. now i have a offer for a ok looking ghost for 150 shipped. but i have ben looking and there are just so manny nicer ones! the most i can pay is 200 ( in 15 thats all i have,lol) but can you guys post a cupple pictures of some really nice ghosts? and if anyone out there knows of a nice ghost around 200, please tell me!

thank you!
  • 01-25-2010, 02:44 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Re: im going to be buying a ghost !
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Maurice Tebele View Post
    well i am buying my first double gene snake, and i just love ghosts for there looks,price,and combos. now i have a offer for a ok looking ghost for 150 shipped. but i have ben looking and there are just so manny nicer ones! the most i can pay is 200 ( in 15 thats all i have,lol) but can you guys post a cupple pictures of some really nice ghosts? and if anyone out there knows of a nice ghost around 200, please tell me!

thank you!

Sorry you are not gonna find a true ghost (which would be a Double Recessive BP) for $150 shipped, I don't even think you can find a DH True Ghost for that price either.

So you are likely talking about an hypo also labelled as ghost, however those a single recessive and not double and I doubt you would get one for $150 shipped as well ;)
  • 01-25-2010, 02:45 PM
    Sarin
    By Ghost I assume you mean the simple recessive hypo.. Can't wait to see your new boy. Always exciting to add to the addiction. I don't have any hypos so no pics from me.

EDIT: Deb you beat me to it. :D
  • 01-25-2010, 02:46 PM
    Elise.m
    Just use the search function and type in Ghost. I'm sure there have been plenty of nice examples of ghosts posted on this forum.
  • 01-25-2010, 02:49 PM
    Patrick Long
  • 01-25-2010, 03:00 PM
    Maurice Tebele
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarin View Post
    By Ghost I assume you mean the simple recessive hypo.. Can't wait to see your new boy. Always exciting to add to the addiction. I don't have any hypos so no pics from me.

EDIT: Deb you beat me to it. :D

yes, i mean a hypo, and the hypo takes two genes to show itself, unlike a pastel.
  • 01-25-2010, 03:04 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

yes, i mean a hypo, and the hypo takes two genes to show itself, unlike a pastel.

No it doesn't see my post above and Hypo is a single recessive.

Only 1 gene involve.

True ghost has 2 genes involved (Hypo & Axanthic)
  • 01-25-2010, 03:05 PM
    Freakie_frog
    Quote:

Well your thinking is right the wording is wrong it takes two copy's of the same gene to be expressed. A pastel is really a het super pastel, so a pastel is to a super pastel what a Het hypo is to a Hypo..

A two gene animal is something like a Bee (spider Pastel) or a King pin (pinstripe Lesser)

See the difference..

you'll get it just hang it there
  • 01-25-2010, 03:06 PM
    PythonChick
    Quote:

I think you are having a bit of a terminology hang up. Hypo is a recessive trait, so to be a visual hypo an animal must have two COPIES of the Hypo gene. They do not have two different genes as, say, a Bumblebess would. When people say a 'double gene' animal, they usually mean and animal with genes for two different morphs.
  • 01-25-2010, 03:09 PM
    Maurice Tebele
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    Well your thinking is right the wording is wrong it takes two copy's of the same gene to be expressed. A pastel is really a het super pastel, so a pastel is to a super pastel what a Het hypo is to a Hypo..

A two gene animal is something like a Bee (spider Pastel) or a King pin (pinstripe Lesser)

See the difference..

you'll get it just hang it there

Quote:

Originally Posted by PythonChick View Post
    I think you are having a bit of a terminology hang up. Hypo is a recessive trait, so to be a visual hypo an animal must have two COPIES of the Hypo gene. They do not have two different genes as, say, a Bumblebess would. When people say a 'double gene' animal, they usually mean and animal with genes for two different morphs.

thanks, im new to this.:)