Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,859

1 members and 2,858 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
  • 11-05-2009, 10:40 PM
    calico
    Boas and Balls' Ultrasound Machine
    Has anyone bought or tried the particular brand/model that they're selling? Any feedbacks?
  • 11-06-2009, 12:19 PM
    Toronto Python Gurus
    Re: Boas and Balls' Ultrasound Machine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by calico View Post
    Has anyone bought or tried the particular brand/model that they're selling? Any feedbacks?

I wouldn't waste money on an ultrasound machine
  • 11-06-2009, 01:54 PM
    Sloanreptiles
    We bought one from Lynn at Boas and Balls and we love it, you know when to start putting the male in a lot and when to not. So it saves your male a lot of time so he can breed with more females. There is a lot of other reasons that we like it. Definently worth the money if you have a larger collection!:gj:
  • 11-06-2009, 01:58 PM
    nevohraalnavnoj
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloanreptiles View Post
    We bought one from Lynn at Boas and Balls and we love it, you know when to start putting the male in a lot and when to not. So it saves your male a lot of time so he can breed with more females. There is a lot of other reasons that we like it. Definently worth the money if you have a larger collection!:gj:

If you could stretch one high end male to a couple more females, the thing would pay for itself in one season. Are there any specifications you have to look for in particular when buying one? I have checked them on ebay and that all have different probes, frequencies, etc....

JonV
  • 11-06-2009, 02:02 PM
    twh
    i had a converstation with lynn a year or so ago and she told me she averages 12 clutches per male breeder.another thing i like you can tell how many follicles a female is developing and that could help determine what male to plug in.time consuming but a good investment for some.have fun!
  • 11-06-2009, 02:05 PM
    Sloanreptiles
    We were just looking around and we were at Lynns one day and she said she had one for sale so we went ahead and bought that one so we didnt really look for a particular one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevohraalnavnoj View Post
    If you could stretch one high end male to a couple more females, the thing would pay for itself in one season. Are there any specifications you have to look for in particular when buying one? I have checked them on ebay and that all have different probes, frequencies, etc....

JonV

• 11-06-2009, 09:41 PM
    calico
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloanreptiles View Post

How's the image quality? Can you see follicles at the early stage clearly?
  • 11-07-2009, 05:25 AM
    WingedWolfPsion
    I'm seeing price ranges between 1500 and 2500 on these on Ebay. What brand/model are you using?

I am considering getting one of these next year as well, and I definitely agree that stretching to a couple more females each year would make it well worth the money. Not to mention ending the hit-or-miss breeding style and plugging the males in when they need to be there most of all.
  • 11-07-2009, 07:35 AM
    Alice
    We've been considering one as well. Haven't made the jump yet cause the prices I've been quoted are higher than what has been posted.

Anyone else use one?
  • 11-07-2009, 02:34 PM
    nevohraalnavnoj
    It'd be really nice if an experienced ultra sound person could provide some insight as to what models to look for, what specifications, etc...

JonV