Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,326

1 members and 3,325 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

DIY: Homemade Garter Diet

Printable View

• 06-27-2011, 04:59 AM
    Melody
    Re: DIY: Homemade Garter Diet
    very neat! thanks for sharing :)
  • 03-15-2015, 05:34 PM
    Albert Clark
    Thanks for sharing that, very much appreciated. I saw and read that on Alan Francis's web page and considered it at one time. It's just that I felt it wasn't complete nutrition because it was minus the internal organs of natural prey items. I know its supplemented with calcium and reptile vitamins. Even you said you supplement the diy formula with occasional nightcrawlers and pinkies. I guess it's time I gave the diy formula a try. Thanks again! Stay in peace and not pieces. Don't forget to donate to USARK so we can defeat the "lacey act" legislation brought on by USFWS.:gj:
  • 07-20-2015, 02:37 PM
    laprodigy001
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    Thanks for sharing that, very much appreciated. I saw and read that on Alan Francis's web page and considered it at one time. It's just that I felt it wasn't complete nutrition because it was minus the internal organs of natural prey items. I know its supplemented with calcium and reptile vitamins. Even you said you supplement the diy formula with occasional nightcrawlers and pinkies. I guess it's time I gave the diy formula a try. Thanks again! Stay in peace and not pieces. Don't forget to donate to USARK so we can defeat the "lacey act" legislation brought on by USFWS.:gj:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
  • 03-15-2016, 10:13 PM
    SamSimon
    I have a few questions :D

Back in the days I had a turtle and made a similar food (he loved it, but died way to young - of drowning)

I put in dried shrimps, gammarus, mealworms and rat-pinkis as well. You can get frozen little whole fish and shrimps in asia shops too.
    I put all this inside together with vitamin powder and filets.

IF i ever house a garter snake could I do the same?

(to blend the rat-pinkys ... I am horrified to this very day...:bolt:)