Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,775

2 members and 2,773 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
  • 05-14-2021, 12:01 AM
    Bogertophis
    Wild Photos from the Bird Photographer of the Year Contest
    I enjoyed these photos & thought you might also. Check it out: https://weather.com/photos/news/2021...-the-year-2021

My favorite: :D https://s.w-x.co/util/image/w/BPOTY-...ebp&quality=60

“Is there any food left? In this image, a hungry juvenile shag literally dives down its mother throat for more fish rather than waiting for it to be fully regurgitated. It was taken on the Farne Islands, one of the most accessible ‘Puffin Islands' in the U.K.,” explained photographer Brian Matthews. “A short boat trip from Seahouses in Northumberland drops you into another world of puffins, guillemots and ravenous shags. Spending time with this family I managed to get some great behavioral shots. The Farne Islands aren't just about puffins!” (©Brian Matthews/Bird Photographer of the Year)
  • 05-14-2021, 08:43 AM
    rlditmars
    Re: Wild Photos from the Bird Photographer of the Year Contest
    Those are some remarkable photos. Hard to pick a fav. My top two are the duckling looking at the fly and the cygnet, cradled in its mother's neck. Thanks for the link.
  • 05-14-2021, 02:06 PM
    Bogertophis
    Re: Wild Photos from the Bird Photographer of the Year Contest
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    Those are some remarkable photos. Hard to pick a fav. My top two are the duckling looking at the fly and the cygnet, cradled in its mother's neck. Thanks for the link.

I'm glad everyone's enjoying them as much as I did. The one I chose for a "fave" just tickled me- it reminds me of a spoiled kid going thru their mom's purse looking for money-:rofl:

But they're all great moments captured. Photos like these are better than being there- that fleeting moment is frozen in time. I can only imagine all the other runner-up photos- it must have been so hard to narrow it down.
  • 05-15-2021, 04:01 PM
    Ascended
    Awesome, thanks for the link. I enjoyed that